Gregory pennington...Compensation ?.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1801 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In 2001 I went to Gregory Pennington for help with my creditors.

As you know they require details of your creditors ( how much each are owed ). 

They also require details of your monthly income/expenditure in order to make offers to your creditors.

My only income was from my monthly pay cheque.

They asked me if there was any other money coming in each month, I told them there was my son's DLA payment, this was spent entirely on him, also £66 child benefit.

They said that my monthly pay alone would not be enough to show my creditors that I could satisfy monthly payments and to that end they included the DLA payment ( £180 ) in my income bracket.

In December 2003 they carried out a further financial review, at this time the DLA payment had increased to £260 ( this money also was spent entirely on him ) which they also included in the income bracket. In the expenditure bracket they showed £150 Disability Requirements.

Ultimately the inclusion of the DLA payments only served in getting the creditors to agree to a payment plan.

That plan was based on misleading figures and I began to struggle to make the monthly payments, which included £25 management fee plus PPI ( £12.75 - £15 ).

In the end after incurring a number of penalties for not meeting the monthly deadlines, the matter became so severe that the council threatened to take the house away.

Only after I made an appointment with the council to discuss my plight did I get the first honest advice. I agreed to make monthly payments to the collection agency used by the council and I was told about the Consumer Credit Counselling Service.

After examining my income/expenditure details they contacted my creditors and as a result I had repayments which I could afford.

In February of this year I wrote to GP  repeating the above details and said that I did not believe that I had been treated fairly, and that the level of professionalism that I had received fell well below what could reasonably be expected, as a result I felt that I should be compensated.

GP wrote back to say that I was time barred. I made a complaint to the FOS who said as GP was not under their jurisdiction at the time they could do nothing.

I've scanned a copy of the letter from GP and also the letter from the FOS

..Do you think that I have a case to argue.

img20190610_14005939.pdf img20190610_14021761.pdf img20190610_14112872.pdf img20190610_14125312.pdf