SAR received from Together (Previously Cheshire Mortgages/Blemain)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1805 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So.… I received a hefty SAR through on Saturday from Together.

Bit of background-we purchased 25% share of a property in 2008 with an interest only mortgage provided by Cheshire mortgages (interest rate 9.75% for 1 year then rising to 11.75% variable rate!)

The plan was to remortgage after a couple of years onto a repayment mortgage with far FAR lower interest rate, but-the crash happened and the refinancing just never happened for us. We were stuck in a house that just wasn't adequate for us, after we had our son. 

Stuck there for 10 years and seeing no other way out (housing association were useless, didn't want to help or know) so last year-August, we voluntarily surrendered the house.

It took a while but the house finally sold in March this year. We were informed by the mortgage company's solicitor that our shortfall would be around £4k (far better that the £10k+ shortfall we would've had if we had tried to sell!)

But looking through the SAR-its rather confusing but it looks to me like they are saying our shortfall is more like £970 and then there is £440 to come off of that as we were granted a refund for the additional interest they had charged us for the 10 years we had the mortgage for not paying on the 'due day' but 8 days later (I filed a complaint about this-letters included in the upload which was dismissed in 2013, but refunded this year??)

Adding to this as well, for 5 years they had the wrong address for us-were still writing to the address we moved from when we bought the property-this meant that for 5 years we weren't aware of this extra interest being charged to our account and our balance just kept rising each month-their refund of £440 probably covered this BUT am I due compensation for their incompetence?! (In other words-clear the remaining shortfall?!)

Thanks

Together_SAR_complete_Compressed.pdf

pers id say you owe nowt.

they appears to have hidden how they got to +2400? charges and fees?

and seem to be hiding all the fees too.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...