PCN APPEALED WITHIN 14 days but council is denying they received appeal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1816 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, 

I have received a pcn because my car broken down and i parked on double yellow lines for few minutes .

Traffic warden issued ticket for that.

I sent appeal to the council via fax last day of 14 days period which was 19th may.

I got the receipt of the the fax transmission.

I called council today and they informed me they didn’t received any appeal and i have to pay £130.00 now or i should wait for NTO and then fine will be £195.00 once they ill issue nto.

I m not sure where i m standing now?

thanks 

No, don't wait for the NTO.

If the 14 days expired on 19 may, you have until 2 June to get a copy of your appeal in, and it should still be considered at the discounted rate. You'll need to make an effort - can you visit in person and hand your appeal over? If not, can you email them? You'd expect an auto-reply which would give you peace of mind that they have it.

I wasn't aware anyone used fax any more. Does your council really have a working fax machine?

By the way, if you have any paperwork to show the vehicle had broken down, include a copy with the appeal.

Thanks for your reply, they only accept appeals by fax or post. I have posted them letter today with first class recorded , hopefully they ill get it before 2nd june. 

My question is if they send me nto , will my fine ill increase to £195.00 with that nto or it ill stay at £130.00?

thanks

12 hours ago, Jamberson said:

Thanks. Just wanted to see what their website says. You're right - no online appeals, but you can appeal by fax! They need to get up to date.

Yeh , they are living in old age, i have sent them appeal in post and it has been delivered to them yesterday as you advised, i have sent them proof of my vehicle broken and previously sent appeal fax transmission receipt. Lets see now what they do.

thanks for your help