Sun Alliance/Aviva PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1822 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am probably a financial simpleton,

but I have only just woken up to the likelihood that  probably have been sold PPI unwittingly because I am lazy about reading small print!  

I probably am due some compensation from Natwest and Barclaycard,

I am wondering whether house insurance, whether connected to a mortgage or not, might have had some PPI clause in it.  

When I bought a house in 1980 Natwest made taking out Sun Aliance Home Insurance a condition of the loan, and I stayed with them when I bought another house without a mortgage.  Does anyone know whether it is likely that PPI applied in these cases?

Unfortunately I no longer own either of the houses and have discarded all documentation pertaining to them.

probably far too old

and mostly in those days [pre 1990's] no-one was regulated anyway.

the real changes like GISC and ABI didnt come in till later and they only regulated the insurance co's.

not sure what rules existed on mortgages back then

but the only thing you must have inplace certainly since the 2000's in buildings ins if you didn't already have it.

so being charged home [contents ins] as a compulsory term of your mortgage could be a no-no. 

and can all be reclaimed.

there was a case not so long ago of home ins going back to I think it was 1992 from today and the couple got over £50k back ithink.

sar to your original lender might be the only chance of getting paperwork.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Many, many thanks.  That is genuinely useful.  

The lender was Natwest.  I am fairly sure they will owe me something one way or another, but they do seem surprisingly keen to cooperate so far.  Also Barclaycard.  I think they may have decided it is a lost cause from their point of view.  So, they might as well try and score a few brownie points for customer service.