Backdoor 2016 Ridgewood Estates Ltd/MW Solicitors - Rent Arrears - N5 Claim for Possession + Money Judgement - now HCEO warrant

Staara77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 596 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

so they've let it run till almost 6 yrs to gain maximum interest out of you ....crafty.

Date of judgment 14th Nov 2016 ...there cant be any further interest added after 14th /11 2016...interest is applied at and up to the date of judgment pursuant to sec 69 County Courts Act 1984. (unless the particulars state otherwise)

Check the original judgment for the totals and that the interest stated in the NOE is correct ( £2777.40) it appears to be rather a lot if interest for 8% if applied to the debt amount.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

4 hours ago, mantis shrimp said:

Andrew: Interest on judgement debts:

Yes I have just noticed the judgment debt is not subject to regulation by the CCA1974.....

• Confused 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

All default judgments have to be transferred out of CCBC to the defendants local county court for enforcement DX.

According to the guy at Northants 'I need to pay the entire amount', I pointed out that on the letter sent it says I can either pay in full, or come to an agreement, he then said I need to pay the full amount, I again stated that is says on the letter I can agree to pay in installments.

They only answer the telephone not give legal advice...you can come to a payment arrangement by submitting an N245 suspend the warrant and make a variation to payment option. But first you need sight of the particulars and Notice of Judgment amount to check if that interest amount is correct.

You should have contacted Brighton not CCBC.

Back to CCBC then quoting the claim number and inform them Brighton has no trace if the claim.

No CCBC County Court Bulk Centre Northampton (MCOL)

9 hours ago, stu007 said:

Hi

Just my opinion on this.

1. The OP did not receive any court document to be able to defend this case so there has been a CCJ obtained by Homelets can the OP not as for a stay to hold off enforcement by HCEO.

Yes by submitting an N245...but its best to clarify the claim amount and interest first to see if its correct and that the warrant amount is correct.

• dx100uk changed the title to Homelet/Barbon Ins Grp - now repo order - demanding £6k for Landlord Ins Bill??
  • dx100uk changed the title to Backdoor 2016 Ridgewood Estates Ltd/MW Solicitors - Rent Arrears - N5 Claim for Possession + Money Judgement - now HCEO warrant
  • 2 months later...

They don't have to issue a further claim if there are still rent arrears and costs from the previous claim and if they did it would be treated as a separate claim.

• 2 months later...

Please note that there is a daily interest accruing on the matter the interest of which is set by the courts and we have no power to vary or freeze the same, meaning that further delay will be costly to you.

Hmmm misleading section 69 interest @ 8% pursuant to The County Courts Act 1984 is from date of arrears up until date of judgment.

Post judgment interest can only be applied by way of a further separate claim. Check the original claimed particulars for details of interest award requested and applied and Notice of judgment.