Betway.com wont accept my passport as proof of ID so are witholding access to my money

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1838 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure if I have stumbled on a well-practised problem devised by bookmakers in order to hold on to funds you have lodged with them for the purposes of betting, presumably to earn interest or just until you give up on trying to free them up.

I have a problem with Betway.com bookmakers where they refuse to accept my passport as verification.

They will accept nothing but a utility bill which I cannot supply them with as proof of address because utility companies no longer send the monthly bill letter out to you , they just send a thank you text after they take your direct debit to your mobile phone.

I have sent all manner of other papers with my name and my address clearly stated but they refuse every one of them and have put my funds into their storage ... forever so it seems.

since I cannot get through thier verification procedure to get the use back of my own funds.

You can see that if they are doing this with everyone what a tidy sum they are stealing under a guise of respectability.

• dx100uk changed the title to Betway.com wont accept my passport as proof of ID so are witholding access to my money

You should still be able to get a paperless version of your utility bill from your energy provider via their website. This will be exactly the same as the one they used to post to you, just as a digital file for you to print yourself if needed