Morrisons Fuel Spill.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1850 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, 

I apologise from the outset if this is in the wrong forum, but if it is not, Great!  Im looking for help!

The reason being is the following story.

on April 4th (I think it was)  I was at the Fort William Morrisons Petrol station.  Me and my wife were doing a bit of a child free holiday and touring the Highlands (Beautiful place).

We had popped in and decided as a supermarket its the best and cheapest place to fill the tank before heading south again.  I pulled up, held the nozzle as per I have done thousands of times and continued in my quest to fill the tank up with lovely mile giving fuel.

However.....  Once full, the nozzle did not automatically switch off, and in turn fuel shot out of the filler tube, all over me, all over the car, all over everything!

I immediately made a complaint in the fuel station and a manager came across from the main store.  We filled in forms (albeit they were for a carwash claim as they didn't have any forms for fuel spillage unless it was from a tanker), and proceeded to give me a copy, apologise and also give me a free carwash as the car was now covered in diesel that was making its way down to the brakes.

After the very smelly 300 mile journey home, I needed to get the car valeted due to the smell, and after 3 washes, my trainers, jeans (although i will wear the jeans to work now as i have a dirty job) and shirt were heading for the bin, as the smell was still there, and they were stained.

I waited to be contacted by Morrisons, and in turn rang them twice as to what was happening.  I was not after a fat pay out, I just wanted the car valet covered if I'm honest but to no avail.

Today I received a letter from Morrisons that said:-

"We have investigated this matter and there is no evidence to suggest that the company has been negligent. The petrol pump was in use throughout the day with no other reported incidents

Following your complaint, an inspection of the fuel pump was carried out however no fault was found.

If there was an issue with the pump an incident of this nature would not have been isolated to you alone and we would have received similar complaints."

So, Im fuming.  My wife witnessed the incident, the CCTV witnessed the incident, the Morrison petrol station employees witnessed the incident AND on the form they filled in, it states the pump did not switch off!

What are the next steps, should i request on what basis they have made that assumption that it didn't happen to me, ask them to look at CCTV?  Get a witness statement from my wife?  What!?  OR do I just let another massive corporation win, as its their word against mine.

Any response is appreciated.

:-) 

its called blowback.

you should have waved at me as you went by...

there is a small tube in all pump heads that's measures the air pressure ..you can see it if you look

once that gets blocked its fatal for anyone filling till auto cut-off, whoosh!!

pumps blow air down that before use to clear it

and as they said it would have happened to others.

sometimes it doesn't work if you fail to insert the pump all the way into you tank.

use to happen 1000's of time in the early years but with self service tech has improved for obv reasons

many cars were renound for doing it like the old jaguars with twin tanks etc.

anyway. not sure where you can go with this,

you've good proof 'it happened' but not - the pump was faulty...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for your reply :-)

I agree with what they say, obviously if the boot was on the other foot etc.  Its just the fact that it happened and i really wasn't at fault, I put the nozzle all the way in etc as I've done thousands of times,  maybe it was just one of them things.

Thank you for the technical bits on the response, Ive no idea about that, my knowledge is now updated! :-) 

If there's nothing that can be done, i will have to take it on the chin, but i just don't feel it was my fault, and yet im to reap the consequences lol.

sorry..but

see what others say mind

hope you enjoyed the area..and haste ye bac..

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

although Scotland is 1/3rd E&W prices near to Fort William etc is more expensive than the East Coast or the Islands..i'll say no more

do it!!

esp from a debt point of view!! [hint hint!!]

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

so there you were, staring in awe at the scenery and not paying attention to the task in hand.

no system is foolproof because the fools have more experience!

you just have to put it down to one of those things and be glad that Morrisons dont sue you for the damage to their forecourt due to your negligence