contacted NWNF solicitor after accicent - now 3yrs later - hire car charges being questioned 3rd party

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Background 

after an accident I contacted a no win no fee soliciter. 

They arranged for a car. I thought this a free car. As I was told by the solicitor that I would not have to pay a penny before signing the contract with the credit car hire company. 

A representive of the hire car who delivered the car, where I signed the contact. He confirmed the same. I will not have to pay a penny. 

2 weeks later, I get a a letter about hire charges. I know realize it's not a free car but a hire car. I call the solitctor and he says it's just a generic letter,  you will not have to pay anything 

Recent

3 years later, the soliciters are having trouble claiming the hire aspect.

they said the invoice of 15k is in your name. This is the first time I have heard such a thing about an invoice.

i told her how I was told I would not have to pay. All they could say "the solicitor shouldn't have said that"

The third party asled asked for some documents from me, such as proof of my new car, the cheque they gave me going into my account. It's been 9 weeks and nothing from them. 

i called for help

after speaking to some legal advisors. They suggest there are grounds for professional neglignace and frudant misrepresentation. However they said they can't do much as the invoice hasn't been sent to me, and no demands for money have been made.

what should I do

see what happens in the case? The third party have not refused to pay as of yet. 

Or or should I call the solicitors and tell them that I recind the contract. I do not accept I am liable at all, due to the false information. Put them on the back foot, because they have taken advantage of me

• dx100uk changed the title to contacted NWNF solicitor after accicent - now 3yrs later - hire car charges being questioned 3rd party

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...