Wonga credit file default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1861 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hoping someone can advise me about an issue with these people.

I've been a silly boy and used wonga a few times whilst I was self employed a while ago. I had no problems at first and it was actully a good short term cashflow solution if used correctly, however I encountered problems with my work and fell behind with payments, and so they started adding fees and interest. This was about the time they went into administration. About the same time I filed a complaint of irresponsible lending as I had got into the situation of having to roll over loans. This complaint was ignored and then sent on to the FOS, and it still remains unsettled

I've since paid off the orginal amount borrowed so all that remains is the fees they have added (roughly £400). I read on another consumer site that if it is just charges owed then not to pay it as it can be used to set off any compensation due when the complaint is finally settled (obviously I am unlikely to get a penny back due to them being in administration). I have contacted wonga several times about this complaint but they just bat me off saying its being dealt with, even though it has long since passed any deadlines, and now they have placed the account in default which had damaged my credit score a huge amount.

Is there anything I can do about this or is it just a waiting game now?

Thanks in advance