Cabot no CCA - Merged EGG loan/card ebt

HSBCandMe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1859 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

6 hours ago, HSBCandMe said:

Hi. Do you have any statute or case law to back that up?  I would like to go back at them with it.  My worry is that they will obtain a CCJ for the heck of it and trash my CRFs.

Simply refer to section 77/78 of the CCA1974 under the request you made

(4)If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)—

(a)he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement; 

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/39/section/77

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to Cabot no CCA - Merged EGG loan/card ebt

Not sure they really understand the process...they issue a claim and you dont defend they get a default judgment..but they cant execute it because they have not complied with your CCA request :classic_blink:

Never stopped them before.

Numpties 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Judgment and execution of the judgment have no connection to a CCA in a default judgment case ..IE you do not submit a defence.

35 minutes ago, HSBCandMe said:

But surely you need to submit a defence to prevent any sort of judgement?    Cabot may not be able to enforce a judgement, but they cam screw up your credit files.  So it makes sense to defend, surely? 

Ref. Wilson v First County Trust Limited. Old case, from 2001, where court held that s.127 (3) restricted it’s power to make an enforcement order under s.65 (1) CCA unless a document containing all the prescribed terms of the agreement had been signed by the debtor.

Of course you must always defend...I think we are going off at different tangents here....I am simply referring to the response you got from Cabot and their lack of understanding of the process.You must appreciate that 95%  of DCA claims go undefended and they work on default judgments.

• Like 1