TV License refusing a payment plan over 9 months

nuclearshark
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1882 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Having a bit of a headache with TV Licensing which I've been trying to sort out for my friend.

My friend suffers from various mental health issues, is in receipt of benefits and has trouble managing their finances.

They recently had a letter from TV Licensing with a payment plan over 4 months for £35 per month.

This is completely unsustainable for them,

instead they wrote a letter requesting a payment plan over 9 months but still within the same year.

They'd pay around £8.00 per fortnight this way on the day they receive their benefits so the peace of mind is there that it has been paid.

Today they received a very unpleasant phonecall from them saying they were now unlicensed, that someone would visit them today, they be fined £1,000 and have a court appearance. I know most of that is being very economical with the truth, but that is what was said.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a fine and court appearance for someone who refuses to pay or deliberately evades the license fee? Not someone who is in genuine financial difficulty so advised TVL as such and gave a repayment proposal they knew they could adhere too?

Needless to say they felt very threatened and I got a panic phone call this morning which lead into a vicious argument, which I myself didn't particularly need either.

Is there a way that TVL can be 'forced' into accepting the payment arrangement? Or can a deduction from benefits application be made to them?

This is how I spend most of my life :ranger:

https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/cs/contact-us/question.app

ask them if they have a vulnerability officer/section.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

the caller will be from Crapita, who are in financial hardship like all of the other govt pet outsource contractors so anything they say may be taken with a pinch of salt. Just make sure your friend doent let them in or engage with them on the doorstep and to contact you if they do call and you can then get on the blower and give thier supervisor some ( recorded) grief

Way around this is to not to watch live TV or not get caught watching live TV. Register on the TV licencing website that they don't watch live TV.  TV licencing will then stop enforcement.  There is a form on TV licencing website, which is hidden, which you can complete and they email you back to say they have stopped enforcement, but will review in x months. They also say they could randomly check at the address.

Then when the situation changes and your friend wants to watch live TV, they apply for new licence.

This is what I did, when I stopped watching live TV for a period and therefore did not need a licence.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread