Professional Negligence

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1916 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I paid a surveyor to undertake a full survey for a flat for me. I accepted the survey, paid and purchased the flat on the basis of this survey. So some months later, damp and other issues have come to light which are now damaging the property. 

I got a second opinion about the damp and other issues and the second surveyor and other expert have both said that the report is not good, as the first surveyor has provided advice which can not be followed as the Conservation officer would not allow this, it would be criminal damage to the building. 

On top of this I have been told that the treatment to the roof does not have approval either so the builder did not obtain permission for the work either. The surveyor has not made me aware and I have now been told that the roof epaits could cost thousands which I dont have the money for and may prevent me from selling as this issue can be picked up by the buyer solicitor and I would then lose money on this.

So do I sue the surveyor, builder, and solicitor as none of them advised me that listed building consent was required or had been obtained?

All help and guidance would be appreciated.