PaydayUK/BW Legal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1904 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First of all I have just looked on my on-line account and set up a repayment plan(which maybe a mistake on my part) and received a auto generated letter confirming the plan, however I have noticed that there is a paragraph which states 'We note that you admit the amount claimed and as discussed we have contacted the court and informed them of this and requested that they enter Judgment on admission based on the amount you are able to afford to repay.'

However, I have not received a Pre Action Protocol letter before action and neither have I received a Claim Form in the post from the courts, also BW Legal have never discussed anything with me as I have not telephoned them, this auto generated letter was dated today 02/03 and was received within minutes.

I have checked my credit file and interestingly this account is showing as settled even though it is showing as PRAC/BW Legal being the owner of the debt which was assigned to them back on the 09/12/2016.

The original loan with PDUK was taken out on the 16th December, 2012 for £149.00, never received a default notice or notice of assignment and no payments was made to PDUK, given the date will it be safe to say that the debt is Statute Barred or does setting up a repayment plan reset the Statute Barred clock if that is the case?.

Many Thanks.

Now I have to be very careful what I say about BW / PRAC etc - I find that letter very worrying. But im guessing it was from their automated portal that this "Letter" / "Notification" was sent to you?

If no payments have been made in 6 years then it could be SB - But paying BW may reset the clock if it is UNDER the 6 year period. 

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I would chalk it up to an error on their part... Whats it say on your credit file for this account / Date of default etc? 

I will say this though... PRAC financial who is reporting this have been known to report incorrect information. I can vouch for that personally. 

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I have checked my credit report and there is no court information registered, as for the entry it is showing as assigned to PRAC/BW Legal but showing as settled, loan taken out iin 2012 but to my knowledge I was not defaulted by PDUK.

Have you moved since you took this out?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

1 hour ago, dx100uk said:

Have you moved since you took this out?

No, I have lived at my address for nearly 30 years and have been receiving begging/discount letters from them so they have my correct address, interestingly the account has been removed from my Equifax credit report over the past couple of days.

Though I did take a screenshot which I have attached,shows the account marked as settled and no default date,interestingly since I took the screenshot a couple of days agoo this account has vanished from Equifax.

This screenshot shows the discount and after checking my on-line account with BW they have wrote off half of the debt without informing me.

52263808_2523371507692458_7433432287259131904_n.jpg

Also showing as a closed account on Clearscore with zero balance, please delete both attachments if they are unacceptable etc?.

Screenshot (4).jpg

Edited by Markie1973