Weird letter from Barclaycard offering refund

jims45
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a credit card debt with Barclaycard dating back to 2014 and have not made a payment or been contacted by them for at least three years.

Today I received a letter stating they are making a refund of £75 being an "inconvenience payment" and asking for a contact telephone number my bank details and a signature so they can make the refund.

They also state:

"We are now closing your account and do not require any further payments in relation to the outstanding balance. Your account is partially settled this means although there is still an outstanding balance on your account you won't need to make any more payments"

Is this a fishing exercise to get my details and confirm the debt or is it genuine?

Sounds to good to be true:???:

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Sound like a non compliant agreement and charges somewhere that dont comply.

I dont think it is... Ive seen this before.

The only way to know is to write to them :)

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)