Paying off my debts. but who should I pay? Default City

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Correct...6 years and then falls off......and in the meantime...paying anything towards it wont alter your score or improve it....just line the pockets of DCAs.

Any debt that has not had payment or acknowledgement for 6 years becomes statute barred and cannot be enforced.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 years later...

A dca cant change that date

Shouldn't but we see they have in the past

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Why are you logging on to the DCA Lucie ?

Doubt it.....do they all appear on your credit files ? If not I wouldn't worry about it until Loweel try to escalate any agreement by way of a court claim.

You state you have 5 debts with Lowell have they wrote to you separately stating the type of debt and reference/agreement numbers/balance etc  ?   

• Like 1

Have you paid anything to lowell on the others pre 2017 ?  Sky do not mark your credit files so neither should Lowell.

Normally we advise that you send a CCA request for any alleged debt once a debt has been assigned to a DCA. You cant use this for the Sky or Three or SSE accounts as they are not legislated under the the Credit Consumer Act 1974.

So that leaves you 3 more debts you said that all show on your credit files...can you get a little more detail from your files of the type of debt and then we can work out who the possible original creditor was and if you could send them a request for a copy of the agreements.

This should be your only contact with a DCA at this stage and to see if they can respond.

• Like 1