Multiple signatures on tenancy deed of transfer - can they be on different documents and by email?

toys19
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am a landlord, I did think this might go into the lettings forum, however I think it could be a general legal issue relating to contracts.

We have a joint and several tenancy agreement for tenancy due to start next month, students. (Downloaded from National Landlords Association so hopefully current. Note my LL NLA membership has lapsed but they do keep giving me free access to the document library as an ex member)

One tenant wants to exit the agreement and has been very helpful in finding a replacement T. The other T's are happy with the new T so wish to employ a "deed of transfer" document, which I have used a few times before and have the latest version also from the NLA.

My problem is that all the T's are scattered across the globe, until after the tenancy starts - Europe, Asia, Uk and Canada.

In my work capacity in the past (EU funded research projects) I have been involved with collating signatures to contracts by sending the whole contract and asking the co signatories to sign their own copy and return, on the EU advice that this was fine and we just collated the signature pages of each contract to make a master document.

I can easily get three of the 6 T's in the UK to sign the same document, but is it OK to get the others in Europe Asia and Canada to print out and sign effectively a separate identical document and scan and email back to me as per the EU research projects example above?

I could wait but I am a bit anxious about the tenancy starting without this being fixed.

Also the T's, new, existing and old want to get it fixed too as finding someone later on (ie a month after clearing) is more difficult.

please answer here:

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?489232-Multiple-signatures-on-tenancy-deed-of-transfer-can-they-be-on-different-documents-and-by-email

Edited by dx100uk
duplicated thread to here ..with added link to res forum for replies

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks