Ltd Co Small claims 7 days letter before action? Too short? ***Paid & Resolved***

toys19
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I think I have made a minor mistake - a Ltd company owes us (we are also Ltd company) for an unpaid invoice.

The invoice has been unpaid since April, we sent a letter before action by email:

Dear xxxx,

Please find enclosed our invoice for the work carried out under xxxxxx. Note that this is unpaid since xxxth April 2018. The payment is now xx days overdue. This letter is our final demand for payment.

If the full amount is not paid within 7 days of the date of this letter, we will begin legal action, without warning, for a court order requiring payment. We may also commence insolvency proceedings. The cost of the legal proceedings and any other amounts which the court orders, must also be paid, in addition to the debt.

This letter is sent to you in accordance with the Practice Direction on Pre-Action Conduct (the PDPAG) contained in the civil procedure rules.

Note interest is now due on the outstanding amount and will continue to accrue until the amount is paid.

Yours sincerely,

I copied this text from something I found online, the number of days was blank so I just put 7 in there thinking it was reasonable.

Anyhow I have now read the pre action conduct page here https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/pd_pre-action_conduct

And they mention 14 days. ooops.

As the 7 days has elapsed do you think I should send another letter giving 14 days, or should I continue with my Draft MCOL claim?

PS Email OK?

PPS do only work days count or do weekends count too?

Thanks in advance.

Dont keep giving them timeframe after timeframe. You gave them 7. If you want, you can wait a few more, but if you say "oh ill give you another 14, then you wont seem serious.

Also have you tried to collect by any other means? Court action is meant to be the final choice after all options are exhausted.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks so much for your reply and and advice. Yeah that was my feeling also. However when I have been chased spuriously I have been sent quite a few "final warnings" . My concern is that f ti goes to a hearing the judge might say I have not followed the practise directions and it might not help me.

The CEO of this small company has just returned from holiday yesterday, so I figured I could dress is up as reasonable goodwill to give them 14 days, and cover my backside just in case?

To me compliance in the event of a hearing is more important than "how I look"...

So he hasnt paid you, but has enough money to pay himself to go on a nice holiday?

If you are a company and he owes money as a company, then have a read up on the pre action protocol.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Thread moved to General Legal Issues forum...please continue to post here to your thread.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

I was just about to submit the claim, I left it another 7 days - I checked this morning and they have paid the bill less any potential interest. Good enough. Thanks for all your advice.

Good news toys...thread title amended.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Make sure to write to them and detail that it is paid in full and no further actionw ill be taken.