2 unknown Parking CCJs Help!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey I was wondering if somebody could help me because I am really stressed about a CCJ that I have found out I have today.

I was checking my credit score on line and noticed it had decreased quite significantly. The reason for this is because of 2 CCJ's that have been issued to me. On further research I discovered that one was issued at the end of March and one at the start of April. I am going to assume its due to an unpaid private parking ticket but I can't say for certain as I haven't received the letters as they have been sent to an address I haven't lived at for around 16/17 months.

Now perhaps I am partly to blame because I didn't let DVLA know quick enough about my address change but I am just really stressing out about the fact that I have these CCJs on my credit file now and I am planning on moving house next month and I am scared it is going to affect me being able to rent somewhere.

I am obviously going to ring up the Court and speak with them but they were closed today due to the bank holiday.

I am just seeking some advice on how to act. Is it possible that I could ring the creditor and ask to pay then directly if they withdraw the CCJ application or is it too late for that?

Thanks.

I'm afraid that if the CCJ's were issued more than a month ago and remain unsatisfied then they will go down your credit file and there is nothing you can do about it – unless you can find a way to set aside the judgements.

If you have a good basis for challenging the judgements then it is worth a try. Otherwise I'm afraid it would probably be a waste of money. The basis for challenging a judgment is that you didn't receive the papers and that you have a defence which stands a good chance of success at trial.

From what you have said so far it sounds to me as if you agree there are unpaid parking tickets and as unfair as these tickets might be, once you have failed to deal with the matter and they have gone to court then there is generally speaking very little chance that you will be able to undo them.

Certainly, you should get hold of the judgements and the claim forms. If you are very lucky you might find that there is some fundamental flaw in the case against you in which case you should set about getting a set aside. However, I think it's probably only a slim chance.

As nice as it sounds to be able to pay a creditor directly and ask them to withdraw the CC J, these people would rather eat their own children than help you out on something like that.

Whenever you move, you should always be very careful to let everyone know about your change of address because as you have found out, failure to notify a change of address is the way that most companies managed to get back door judgements.

moved to the private parking forum

give Northants bulk a ring tomorrow

[though it might be very very busy so you might have to wait till weds to get thru]

and request copies of BOTH Claimforms and BOTH CCJ Judgements by Email PDF

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm afraid that if the CCJ's were issued more than a month ago and remain unsatisfied then they will go down your credit file and there is nothing you can do about it – unless you can find a way to set aside the judgements.

If you have a good basis for challenging the judgements then it is worth a try. Otherwise I'm afraid it would probably be a waste of money. The basis for challenging adjustment is that you didn't receive the papers and that you have a defence which stands a good chance of success at trial.

From what you have said so far it sounds to me as if you agree there are unpaid parking tickets and as unfair as these tickets might be, once you have failed to deal with the matter and they have gone to court then there is generally speaking very little chance that you will be able to undo them.

Certainly, you should get hold of the judgements and the claim forms. If you are very lucky you might find that there is some fundamental flaw in the case against you in which case you should set about getting a set aside. However, I think it's probably only a slim chance.

As nice as it sounds to be able to pay a creditor directly and ask them to withdraw the CC J, these people would rather eat their own children than help you out on something like that.

Whenever you move, you should always be very careful to let everyone know about your change of address because as you have found out, failure to notify a change of address is the way that most companies managed to get back door judgements.

Thank you for your reply. I've really done myself over here. Great.

Edited by dx100uk
please dont swear - dx

Well don't quite give up just yet. Check out the claims and then come back here.

so, no RM forwarding of your mail and failing to update keeper details with DVLA. Well, the latter makes little difference unless you got the original tickets after you moved as the company is obliged to send the paperwork to the address given to them by the DVLA even if you update when you move.

However, the bad news is that you wont automatically get a set aside for these as it was basically your own fault you dint get the paperwork BUT if you have a good reason for defeating the original claim then that will go a long way.

So, we need to know everything about everything,

so start with the events themselves,

when and where,

what paperwork you did receive and

when and do you still have any of it and

lastly when did you move house?

If it was ages ago the a RM redirect would have lapsed and no one would think it reasonable to keep post redirected for 18 months.

the parking co's undoubtedly went after you BECAUSE they got the letters back marked as "gone away" so you were easy meat for them.

that means that getting a set aside will most likely cost them good money to continue to pursue you afterwards and all of your expenses will compound their loss so they will probably just slink off at that point.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

Hey guys,

Yesterday I found out I had been issued with 2 CCJ's;

one at the end of March and

one at the start of April.

They had been sent to an address which I haven't lived at for 18 months which explains why I found out about them so late.

I paid them today to get them cleared but I just need some help what to do next.

I believe I need to apply for a Certificate of Satisfaction but I ideally want to see if I can some how appeal against the Judgement.

I don't want to appeal the fine as I am willing to pay it,

but I just don't want them appearing on my credit file when I didn't know they existed

and I would've sorted them within the 30 days you are given if I had known.

Does anybody know what steps I can take?

Thank you.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Is there any reason why you have started a completely new thread about a story which is already being dealt with elsewhere on the forum?

Is there any reason why you have started a completely new thread about a story which is already being dealt with elsewhere on the forum?

I find the website a little difficult to use sorry.

Thread moved to the appropriate forum...please continue to post here.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hey guys,

They had been sent to an address which I haven't lived at for 18 months which explains why I found out about them so late.

I paid them today to get them cleared but I just need some help what to do next.

I believe I need to apply for a Certificate of Satisfaction but I ideally want to see if I can some how appeal against the Judgement.

but I just don't want them appearing on my credit file when I didn't know they existed

Thank you.

they are NOT FINES

and as you've paid now

there's stuff and all you can do sadly.

no-one said do that...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you can apply for a set aside and fight it on several grounds but you will need to help us help you by telling us everything rather than just saying you dotn want it on your credit report. It wont go away from there unless you get a set aside, that is the way thigs work so answer the questions already asked and provide some detail

Hey guys,

Thank you.