Verso/Legal & General PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could offer some advice.

My partner took out a mortgage with Verso in 1999 and was advised by the broker (no longer trading) to take out a Payment Protection Policy(monthly), also with Verso(two separate Direct Debits).

She continued with this until Nov 2007 when Verso handed the policy onto Legal & General.

She continued to pay this until 2015.

I have written to Legal & General who have stated as "Verso arranged the policy and L&G acted on their instructions they cannot proceed with a complaint".

When I contacted Verso they state they "have no responsibility or liability for the sales or advice process given by the broker".

I have the policy details for Legal & General but only have bank statements showing the direct debits to Verso.

I'm not sure of the next step, if there is one.

Any help much appreciated.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Yes, make a formal complaint to both of them and tell each of them that you want their final response so that you can put it before the FOS.

Also, on 25 May send them each an SAR. The new GDPR regime begins on 25 May so that your SARs will cost you nothing and they are obliged to respond within 30 days.

if the broker is no longer trading and they sold you the PPI, you goto the FSCS

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you both for your quick responses.

Verso's letter states this is their final response as their PPI policy was not sold by them but by the broker.

The letter also states that the FOS may not investigate as the event which occurred before October 2004.

In terms of making a PPI complaint/claim who would be responsible?

Is it the broker, whether trading or not, Verso as the original underwriter or Legal & General for taking over the administration of the policy?

I know at least two of them deny any responsibility.

as post 3

let the FSCS deal with it.

broker sold it

L&G were the PPI underwriters.

FSCS may state the broker was not required to be registered or there was no scheme running at that time whereby they could have been registered to be regulated

THEN its time to after the underwriters who generally for 2004 would have been regulated.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...