Lloyds bank – phantom changes to standing order reference leading to local council CCJ

jayu619
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2136 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Based on the discussion on this thread, I think you should ask them:

Originally Posted by :

Does the council have a policy in respect of council tax payments which appear to arrive without any reference number or any recognisable reference number?

How are such payments handled?

Does the Council ever make adjustments to the receiving accounts of council tax standing orders which require that a council tax payer's bank needs to be informed so that a reference number or some other indication of destination needs to be adjusted by the bank?

Does the council in such cases ever deal with the council tax payer's bank directly when such adjustments need to be made?

Maybe UB can have a look at these and see if he feels that this is sufficient or there needs to be some modification. I have tried to keep the questions fairly general at the moment. You can then go back and ask specific questions depending on the general answers you get.

Hopefully UB will come along soon – but if not then send this off on Tuesday as an FOIA request. You can do this by email. There will be an email address on the council's webpage

How does the council deal with standing order payments received without the relevant council reference number being shown ? Does the council administrative staff attempt to reconcile the payments against the outstanding accounts owed by residents/tax payers or are the standing order payments returned to the sending Bank ?

When the council change their own Bank account details that receive standing order payments for residents/tax payers, does the council or the councils own Bank contact the Banks that originate the sending of these standing order payments, to advise them that the Bank sortcode/account number used to receive standing order payments has changed ?

If the council or the councils own Bank do notify the Banks sending standing order payments, is this done in the expectation that the Banks will update the standing order so that payments are continued to the councils new Bank sortcode and account number ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How does the council deal with standing order payments received without the relevant council reference number being shown ? Does the council administrative staff attempt to reconcile the payments against the outstanding accounts owed by residents/tax payers or are the standing order payments returned to the sending Bank ?

When the council change their own Bank account details that receive standing order payments for residents/tax payers, does the council or the councils own Bank contact the Banks that originate the sending of these standing order payments, to advise them that the Bank sortcode/account number used to receive standing order payments has changed ?

If the council or the councils own Bank do notify the Banks sending standing order payments, is this done in the expectation that the Banks will update the standing order so that payments are continued to the councils new Bank sortcode and account number ?

Brilliant, thanks.

Jay, send those FOIA questions as well straightaway

• 1 month later...
Just sent part 2 of our FOI request.

Let's see what that produces.

Thanks BF and UB

Jay

Hello

Sorry for the late post. I did receive bank's GDPR response. They still referred to the complaint I raised with Lloyds and that they have answered the questions as part of their first response to my SAR prior to GDPR; so they had nothing to produce.

Should I approach the ICO?

Jay