Log book loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I travelled hundreds of miles this past weekend, to part exchange my car, only to be told that a HPI check on my car revealed that there remained an amount owed to a loan company, from whom I’d taken a log book loan in 2016.

I settled the loan account in October 2016 and the loan company at the time, sent me an email confirming that the loan had been settled.

What would be the process of getting the HPI corrected to reflect the loan was fully settled and can I demand some type of compensation from either the loan company or the HPI company, for the loss of funds (petrol bought for trip), time wasted and miles added to my car, making the long trip to part exchange the car?

Thanks

Yes I'm sure that you can get compensation. So far as the mechanism for correcting the record – I'm afraid I'm not able to tell you.

I think you need to start off by finding out who it was that was responsible for the error

https://hpicheck.com/support/faqs

If you can't find the answer that you are looking for, please e-mail your question to valuation@hpi.co.uk

Initially I would start with the LOG Book Loan Company and ask they correct their Data....and put forward your complaint

Andy

Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread