I'VE SENT MY FIRST LETTER AND HERE'S THE REPLY!

jamiebraund
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1895 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent my first letter to hsbc on the 15th feb regarding my bank charges. I used the template letter from the library section and recieved my reply today.

Here's what it says:

Thank you for your letter dated 15 february 2006 concerning the recent circumstances on your account.

I am looking into the matters you have raised and will contact you with a full response as soon as i have completed my investigations.

In the meantime, i have enclosed a copy of our leaflet which explains how these matters are dealt with.

what do you think i should do next and how long shall i leave it for?

I sent my first letter to hsbc on the 15th feb regarding my bank charges. I used the template letter from the library section and recieved my reply today.

Here's what it says:

Thank you for your letter dated 15 february 2006 concerning the recent circumstances on your account.

I am looking into the matters you have raised and will contact you with a full response as soon as i have completed my investigations.

In the meantime, i have enclosed a copy of our leaflet which explains how these matters are dealt with.

what do you think i should do next and how long shall i leave it for?

this is part of the letter i sent to them

Accordingly I request that you return to me ALL charges made on this account in the last 6 years by way of personal cheque within 7 days of receipt of this letter. If you choose not to do so, I will start proceedings for recovery in the County Courts, as I believe that legally I am entitled to this money back. You will also be liable for my court costs and for an extra 8% APR as permitted under the County Courts Act (1984).

Alternatively if you decide NOT to accept my suggestion for settlement of this issue, I wish to make a formal request under the Data Protection Act for a complete and exhaustive list of all charges made on this account over the last 6 years. As you are no doubt aware, you are afforded 40 days to comply or else request an extension from the Information Commissioner. If you are of any doubt that this information is covered by the Act, then I draw your attention to the case of Durant v FSA 2003 where the Court held that bank statement information is indeed personal information for the purposes of the DPA.

In any event, this information is requested with a view to prospective legal action on my part and therefore would be covered under the same Act.

Please treat this letter as my formal DPA request.

this is part of the letter i sent to them

Accordingly I request that you return to me ALL charges made on this account in the last 6 years by way of personal cheque within 7 days of receipt of this letter. If you choose not to do so, I will start proceedings for recovery in the County Courts, as I believe that legally I am entitled to this money back. You will also be liable for my court costs and for an extra 8% APR as permitted under the County Courts Act (1984).

Alternatively if you decide NOT to accept my suggestion for settlement of this issue, I wish to make a formal request under the Data Protection Act for a complete and exhaustive list of all charges made on this account over the last 6 years. As you are no doubt aware, you are afforded 40 days to comply or else request an extension from the Information Commissioner. If you are of any doubt that this information is covered by the Act, then I draw your attention to the case of Durant v FSA 2003 where the Court held that bank statement information is indeed personal information for the purposes of the DPA.

In any event, this information is requested with a view to prospective legal action on my part and therefore would be covered under the same Act.

Please treat this letter as my formal DPA request.

Well your 7 days has expired so now your letter translates into a DPA request.

However it is a little ambiguous (our fault)

Write immdiately and say that he shold now consider that your letter is a DPA request and that the clock is ticking.

Well your 7 days has expired so now your letter translates into a DPA request.

However it is a little ambiguous (our fault)

Write immdiately and say that he shold now consider that your letter is a DPA request and that the clock is ticking.

whats the best way to word a letter like that and what should l write in the contents regarding action i should take

Blah Blah

Sorry you have not refunded charges a requested.

Please note that I am now expecting you to treat my letter of the DATEXXX as my formal request for information under the Data Protection Act and you have 40 days to respond.

Please note my intention of pursuing this matter to the County court of necessary.

YF

whats the best way to word a letter like that and what should l write in the contents regarding action i should take

Blah Blah

Sorry you have not refunded charges a requested.

Please note that I am now expecting you to treat my letter of the DATEXXX as my formal request for information under the Data Protection Act and you have 40 days to respond.

Please note my intention of pursuing this matter to the County court of necessary.

YF

• 13 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1895 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks