Smart Parking ANPR PCN - overtime at Tottenham Hale Retail Park

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

For tickets received through the post (Notice to Keeper) please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement

2 Date on the NTK

22 November 2017

3 Date received

Letter says it was sent on 28 November 2017, but only received letter just before Christmas.

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012?

No mention of POFA in NTK, it is mentioned in follow up letter from debt recovery agency.

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?Yes

6 Have you appealed? Have you had a response? No

7 Who is the parking company? Smart Parking Ltd

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure, please check here.

Original PCN mentions IAS, but your link says BPA

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here.

Received letter from debt recovery agency, saying charge is now £160.

790B4CC0-981D-4BD3-9F4D-E1B17F38111C.jpeg

CB51CDE8-E2A8-49A0-BFD5-74DD8C9D3734.jpg

87DB2421-B1BF-4507-B682-0481787E5998.jpeg

can you pop you attachments into ONE multipage PDF please

read UPLOAD

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There could be some fun to be had with this one. :evil:

I've checked and double checked on both sides of that NtK, and nowhere does it give a time limit for appeals. It certainly mentions 28 days to pay or they'll slap on an additional £10 (naughty) but gives no time limit for an appeal. Also, it clearly states that the FULL details for making appeals are on the reverse, so they can't try and add in some other reason later on. Which is very helpful of them.

I'd do absolutely nothing with this. Keep everything that you get through the post, and then sit back and wait for a letter before action. At which point I would write to Daft Parking and make an appeal, which, according to their own FULL details on the NtK, they have to process. Meaning that they'll have wasted lots of time & probably money already, and they'll still have to issue you with a POPLA code and start all over again, as they can't take any action while an appeal is underway, which, if you time things correctly, will waste another couple of months of their time.

If you were to then win at POPLA, it would be golden :lol:

• Confused 1

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

I would contact the DVLA and demand to know who asked for your keeper details and WHEN.

They will send a stock rely saying people are entitled to but fail to address these points so you have to make a furhter complaint.

Reason you should do this is because if Smart are claiming they sent the NTK out a day after the event and yet they didnt access your details until after that time they are clearly lying and also in breach of the condiitons of their KADOE contract If you can show they lied about the timings of their letters then no court will believe anything else they say

Hi

I had something similar on another thread regarding (not so) Smart Parking

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?483039-Smart-parking-ANPR-PCN-Haven-Bank-Retail-Park-Exeter&p=5092325&viewfull=1#post5092325

SP are members of the BPA and as such should be following the rules laid out by them. It is a possibility that they have moved camps to the IPC but my checks (so far) show nothing. Even on the SP page they state they use POPLA so why they are stating the IAS is a little concerning.

As a matter of urgency, I would get pictures of the signs at the retail park as if they state BPA on there but they are using the IAS for appeals, then heads should roll as that is not allowed.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi

I had something similar on another thread regarding (not so) Smart Parking

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?483039-Smart-parking-ANPR-PCN-Haven-Bank-Retail-Park-Exeter&p=5092325&viewfull=1#post5092325

SP are members of the BPA and as such should be following the rules laid out by them. It is a possibility that they have moved camps to the IPC but my checks (so far) show nothing. Even on the SP page they state they use POPLA so why they are stating the IAS is a little concerning.

As a matter of urgency, I would get pictures of the signs at the retail park as if they state BPA on there but they are using the IAS for appeals, then heads should roll as that is not allowed.

They aren't. They've just (rather confusingly) referred to Hoopla as the 'Independent Appeals Service' and later used 'IAS' as an acronym. But they do mean Poopla and are members of the BPA.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.