'ere, who you calling Delinquent?!

AppleCrumble
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just got a copy of my credit file from Equifax. Funnily enough it is not as bad as I thought it was considering I can't seem to open a parachute bank account!

Bit of history - I am trying to chase Halifax credit card for a refund of charges. I had a cc with them, went right up to the limit on it (£3,000) - I had alot of difficulty, was unemployed, etc. They kept whacking me with £60 in charges each month so at the very worse it was £3,557 owed on it.

I went to debt management, and eventually, after much work they agreed to accept a low payment and to freeze the interest. So I have been paying of a tenner a month for the last year and a half or so.

However, in my credit file it says this account is 'delinquent' and I'd be grateful if someone could explain what that means? I've made an agreement to pay, and been paying regularly each month. I could understand if they said they'd issued a default - which they did two years ago - but I don't know what this and it doesn't explain anywhere on the Equifax notes what it is. If I was trying to avoid the debt and not pay anything I would understand but I have always kept in contact with them and asked for time/sought help.

And also - how long is that going to stay there as this is the only thing I can see that is preventing me opening another account? :mad: :mad:

thanks anyone

Apple x

I am no pro at this. i can anly guess the reason its concidered deliquent is because you are not paying the min amount set out by the origional trems of your credit agreement, even though you now have a new payment arangement with them.

Anyone else have a better explination?