PCN - Stockport Peel Centre

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2359 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

This site is great - thanks for all the information.

I got a PCN from the Peel Centre car park in Stockport.

I didn't even know it was pay and display because the signage is so bad and it was dark when I entered/left.

I would have definitely bought a ticket had I realised as I was there for less than an hour (57 mins exactly).

Usual conditions - pay £60 now or £100 later.

Have no intention to pay but advice seems to be now to appeal?

I think my grounds will be inadequate signage and unreasonable charge

considering I owe them only for one hours parking.

Can anyone give me some advice on how to word this in terms that sound more legally competent/aware.

I have to appeal by 14th December.

I am aware that there has been quite a few successful appeals against PCNs issued at the Peel Centre

so if anyone has appealed and succeeded I'd love to hear how you did it.

Also worth noting

- I also got a PCN last June from Excel for parking at The Square in Chorlton

(I wasn't actually parked, I was dropping something off so my partner never left the car - so therefore waiting?).

I never received the initial correspondence about this,

only the legal letters from BW Legal that started arriving in October this year.

Stupidly I called up the legal department once they threatened taking me to court

(realise now I should still have ignored perhaps).

I informed them I had received no initial correspondence and as a result they have placed my account on hold for 30 days while they wait on Excel to re-send the original information

(apparently Excel have no time limits to do this in! Ironic huh!).

My plan is then to say that I want to be able to go through the standard appeal process as I never had the opportunity in the first place.

If anyone has any advice on this situation too I would appreciate that.

Thanks all, appreciate it lots.

Sarah.

you cant go through the standard appeal process as members of the IPC like Excel dont have one.

Also read up on the Peel centre,

it is the worst car park in the country for this sort of thing.

The Parking Pranksters blog is a good place to start and also a number of threads here about the same place.

I really wouldnt bother with appealing at all,

save your efforts for rubbishing them later on when they have expended a bit of money sending out threatograms

and then tell them that you arent paying because of XY and Z and quote the previous cases

where they got their backsides beaten in court and invite them to risk another thrashing at their peril.

get reading and then post up the letter they sent you so we can tell you what is wrong with it.

as for the other event,

again if you have the paperwork then post it up,

if not we can advise you of what to do regardless as we know them well even if we dont have the details of your event we can give you a generic reply.

Thanks for your reply. So you think ignore and ignore and ignore? I'm worried that this shows a lack of willingness to respond on my part should this ever be taken to court.

It does seem like there are so many cases at the Peel Centre - this is what makes me wonder if worth appealing because surely they can't continue to get away with it?

Thanks again for your help - really appreciated and i'll get reading some more.

Sarah

No, you dont ignore for ever, what you do is READ up on them and once you understand the processes a little better you respond at the correct time in the correct manner. Until then I reitrate, it is pointless appealing to the IAS as they are dishonest in the way they act and have admitted this on television

use our search CAG box of the top red toolbar here

peel centre

as for the parking eye invoice

please start a new thread

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

as for the parking eye invoice

Have I missed something? What ParkingLie invoice? Who's mentioned one of those?

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

:lol:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dx has misread the other Excel demand as being PE.

You just can't get the staff these days :roll:

:lol:

:tongue:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.