Shoosmiths Letter on behalf of Arrow Global re outstanding CCJ

spannerboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2432 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can advise me on the above.

I received a letter from Shoosmiths LLP Solicitors yesterday stating that they are acting on behalf of their client etc. and intend to take County Court Enforcement action within 7 days if no response.

There is a CCJ of £12,703.99 outstanding that was judged on the 24/10/2014 which I've been unable to pay due to various circumstances.

Not to give the impression of a sad story but a poor set of choices lead to a path of divorce, court battles, working two jobs, overdosing children etc etc. leading to suffering from depression and anxiety and have been on meds for some years

- like many others out there, and like many others I haven't dealt with issues very well.

I'm not objecting to the debt but I'm not sure how to go about responding to this.

Can anyone advise me please?

Some help would be greatly appreciated which I will gladly reciprocate on any part of my knowledge and experience.

Spannerboy

Thread moved to Financial Legal Issues Forum....please continue to post here to your thread.

Hi...couple of Q,s...are you in employment and do you own your own property (Mortgaged)

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

spannerboy

In these situations, you might be best to contact a company like Shoosmiths to give them the full picture. Otherwise, you could receive a knock on the door from court enforcement officers trying to collect the debt or goods to cover it. But do provide more information before you contact them, as you need to understand some issues.

We need to know your current position in regard to any income and whether you own any assets such as a house plus if it mortgaged or not. Obviously they have options of seeking an attachment to earnings or a charge against property assets you might own.

Do you have any other debts ? If so please provide some basic information.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for the response Andyorch and unclebulgaria67.

My situation is - I rent privately, no property owned, car is an old banger, debts to 2 other creditors of much lesser amounts - £188 and I'm not sure of the other value, I'm in full time employment. I have to say I've handled things badly over the years and its hard to admit but I must sort myself out and realise only I can do it and I'm really grateful for your help.

Thanks for the response Andyorch and unclebulgaria67.

My situation is - I rent privately, no property owned, car is an old banger, debts to 2 other creditors of much lesser amounts - £188 and I'm not sure of the other value, I'm in full time employment. I have to say I've handled things badly over the years and its hard to admit but I must sort myself out and realise only I can do it and I'm really grateful for your help.

In this situation, it might be sensible to write down basic income/expenses info to see how much spare money you have to make Shoosmiths an offer of regular payments. Better to do that, than deal with further hassle including an attachment to earnings where your employers HR are aware of the CCJ debt.

Make an offer in writing with the basic income/expenses details and ask them for Arrow Global Bank details sortcode/account number so a standing order can be set up.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Or make it official through the court and submit an N245 to the court with your proposed monthly payment...the fee is £50 and the letter can be found in the Legal Library

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread