MBNA Charges Reclaim Gm Card**won**

TUTTSI
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6148 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Bicester

No news I am afraid, exept that to day I received a letter from DG Solicitors, stating that I had not responded to a previous letter.

I will write back and tell them I am waiting for a full refund and that I intend to see them in court. I know that they are paying out on HSBC claims contractual interest, so why not for me!!

Also, Gary has given me a better letter to send to the court it quotes chapter and verse so I resent his letter.

Will let you know in due the outcome, the courts have a huge backlog.

DS

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an update to my thread, I phoned the courts this morning and both by Barclays and GM Card files are sitting on the Judges desk just waiting for the Judgement to be given against the Defendants.

They also gave me an email address for the Court manager, so I decided to write an email. So we will see if this helps move it along.

For the attention of the Court Manager

CLAIM NO's xxxxxxx(Barclays Bank PLC T/A Barclaycard) & xxxxxxx(HSBC Bank Ltd T/A GM CARD)

I have two cases where the Defendant's have not complied with District Judge Steels orders as directed and the Defendants have not served upon me its evidence, or any such documents, as was specifically directed.

I wrote on both cases to Willesden Count Court on 29th March 2007, advising the courts of the Defendants failure to comply and have requested that the Defence should be struck out in accordance with the Judge's directions and that I seek Judgement against each of the Defendants.

Would you please confirm as a matter of urgency, that Judgement has now been entered in both cases so that I can now enforce the debt owed by warrant of execution.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Claimant

Just an update to my thread, I phoned the courts this morning and both by Barclays and GM Card files are sitting on the Judges desk just waiting for the Judgement to be given against the Defendants.

They also gave me an email address for the Court manager, so I decided to write an email. So we will see if this helps move it along.

For the attention of the Court Manager

CLAIM NO's xxxxxxx(Barclays Bank PLC T/A Barclaycard) & xxxxxxx(HSBC Bank Ltd T/A GM CARD)

I have two cases where the Defendant's have not complied with District Judge Steels orders as directed and the Defendants have not served upon me its evidence, or any such documents, as was specifically directed.

I wrote on both cases to Willesden Count Court on 29th March 2007, advising the courts of the Defendants failure to comply and have requested that the Defence should be struck out in accordance with the Judge's directions and that I seek Judgement against each of the Defendants.

Would you please confirm as a matter of urgency, that Judgement has now been entered in both cases so that I can now enforce the debt owed by warrant of execution.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Claimant

A phone call today from D & G Solicitors on behalf of GM Card, wants to speak to me, was not in saw they have asked that I call them tomorrow.

That will be interesting!

DS

Well before I had a chance to phone D & G this morning, they called me, they offered me the full amount of my claim which is to be in full and final settlement, they would not give me my costs which was for the preparation of the bundles, so I decided to accept as anything on top of my claim would have been a bonus ( preparation of the bundle took 7 hours at £9.25). She is emailing me and she said a cheque would go out either to day or tomoz. I told her I would not sign a confidentiallty clause and she has agreed to remove this from their written offer. I also asked for a cheque as I did not want them to close my account. The email has just come and I have already agreed to the settlement subject to them posting the cheque tonight and clearing through the banking system I will then advise the courts that settlement has been reached.

So a donation will be on its way as soon as cheque clears.

SO I HAVE WON - YIPEE

A big thanks goes out to GaryH who has helped with the final stages of this claim from the AQ onwards as without his help I could never have done it and also like to thank everyone who has supported me on my thread.

DS

D & G called yesterday, I was not at home and they left a message for me to call them.Well before I had a chance to phone D & G this morning, they called me, they offered me the full amount of my claim which is to be in full and final settlement, they would not give me my costs which was for the preparation of the bundles, so I decided to accept as anything on top of my claim would have been a bonus ( preparation of the bundle took 7 hours at £9.25). She is emailing me and she said a cheque would go out either to day or tomoz. I told her I would not sign a confidentiallty clause and she has agreed to remove this from their written offer. I also asked for a cheque as I did not want them to close my account. The email has just come and I have already agreed to the settlement subject to them posting the cheque tonight and clearing through the banking system I will then advise the courts that settlement has been reached.

SO I HAVE WON - YIPEE

A big thanks goes out to GaryH who has helped with the final stages of this claim from the AQ onwards as without his help I could never have done it and also like to thank everyone who has supported me on my thread.

DS

Congratulations and Well Done!

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

Congratulations. action-smiley-033.gif

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Well done. Another winner.

When they settled with me, the cheque cleared my bank, I started spending the money and then 5-days later their cheque bounced! Cost me £80 in bank charges did that little escapade! (Got them back later ... of course :-)

Nice one.

A&L: Settled - £6,200

HFC: Settled - £800

Shell Visa: Settled - £250

Egg: Settled - £700

Mint: Settled - £1200

RBS: Settled - £850

The opionions in this post are guaranteed to conform to the laws of physics, but pretty much nothing else...

Well done. Another winner.

When they settled with me, the cheque cleared my bank, I started spending the money and then 5-days later their cheque bounced! Cost me £80 in bank charges did that little escapade! (Got them back later ... of course :-)

Nice one.

My goodness, it's fraud to bounce a cheque under the theft act section 2.

Hope that they eventually honoured the cheque and have duly compensated you and also re-imbursed for the bank charges. To be honest a case like this should be highlighted to the Financial Ombudsman

and whoever operates their credit operating licence as they are not fit and proper to hold such a licence.

DS

fivelaws, That is unbelievable and extremely naughty. eusa_naughty.gif

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Well before I had a chance to phone D & G this morning, they called me, they offered me the full amount of my claim which is to be in full and final settlement, they would not give me my costs which was for the preparation of the bundles, so I decided to accept as anything on top of my claim would have been a bonus ( preparation of the bundle took 7 hours at £9.25). She is emailing me and she said a cheque would go out either to day or tomoz. I told her I would not sign a confidentiallty clause and she has agreed to remove this from their written offer. I also asked for a cheque as I did not want them to close my account. The email has just come and I have already agreed to the settlement subject to them posting the cheque tonight and clearing through the banking system I will then advise the courts that settlement has been reached.

SO I HAVE WON - YIPEE

DS

:lol: :lol: :lol: CHQ ARRIVED TODAY AND IT IS NOW BANKED. SO WHEN CHQ CLEARS NEXT WEEK A DONATION WILL DEFINITELY BE MADE PLUS A SURVEY WILL BE COMPLETED.

THEN, I WILL SIGN THE SETTLEMENT LETTER AND ADVISE THE COURT ACCORDINGLY BUT NOT BEFORE THE CHQ DEFINITELY CLEARS.

GOOD LUCK ALL WITH YOUR CLAIMS, I WILL STILL BE AROUND ON THE FORUMS AS HAVE A HUGE SCORE TO SETTLE WITH SH-ABBEY ABBEY AND BARCLAYCARD HAVE TO STILL TO MAKE THEIR PAYMENT TO SETTLE AND MY HUBBY ALSO HAS 2 CLAIMS PENDING WITH HSBC WHICH WILL BE DEALT WITH THIS COMMING WEEK.

THANKS EVERYONE

DS

:lol: :lol: :lol: CHQ ARRIVED TODAY AND IT IS NOW BANKED. SO WHEN CHQ CLEARS NEXT WEEK A DONATION WILL DEFINITELY BE MADE PLUS A SURVEY WILL BE COMPLETED.

THEN, I WILL SIGN THE SETTLEMENT LETTER AND ADVISE THE COURT ACCORDINGLY BUT NOT BEFORE THE CHQ DEFINITELY CLEARS.

GOOD LUCK ALL WITH YOUR CLAIMS, I WILL STILL BE AROUND ON THE FORUMS AS HAVE A HUGE SCORE TO SETTLE WITH SH-ABBEY ABBEY AND BARCLAYCARD HAVE TO STILL TO MAKE THEIR PAYMENT TO SETTLE AND MY HUBBY ALSO HAS 2 CLAIMS PENDING WITH HSBC WHICH WILL BE DEALT WITH THIS COMMING WEEK.

THANKS EVERYONE

DS

ds, good thread, was helpful to me in view of my claim with cap one, some similar stuff, it was encouraging to read you stuck to your guns and got your contractual especially when you know others are being paid out, this is exactly how I feel.

Doo, not only did I get contractual (but NOT COMPOUNDED) I also got some charges that were just before the 6 years period when I started the MCOL. They were within the 6 years when I started sending the first letter etc. If D & G had had it there way they would have paid about £150 less as they wanted to restrict it to 8%.

So stick to your guns, it's your claim and you have to go with what you feel is comfortable. All I know is my Cap One claim was the easiest to do and I was paid out very soon after they put in their defence and they did not argue the toss.

DS

Thanks ds, will do, it's the principle of the matter now, they push you to court and then think they can decide what they are going to pay you, they had their chance and would have accepted just my charges back had they paid before court action as I did on my halifax accounts. I'm fed up with these financial institutions pushing you about.