High Court Judgement but CLAIMANT has filed for bankruptcy

andie_303
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've tried to help a friend on this and researched unsuccessfully for an answer so I'm hoping someone with more knowledge can help.

Cutting a long story short

a few years ago my friend had a business which wasn't cutting it financially

he defaulted on an account he believed was in the business name

- turns out it was taken out in his name personally

they managed to get a CCJ which was then transferred to the high court - the original debt was circa £3,500 by the time it had been through the courts with legal fees the debt was closer to £8,000. He has been making monthly payments for approx 3 years and was getting a monthly statement showing how much he'd paid off but these stopped a few months ago

- on chasing up statements recently he learned that the company to whom the debt was owed has filed for bankruptcy

- he's continuing to make his payments

my question I guess is

does he continue to make payment to the (high court enforcement) people he's paying and should they now be providing statements or does he need to contact the administrator?

TIA

Speak to the High Court Enforcement company about this, as they will need to deal with it.

Payments would continue but HCEO might keep hold of payments on their account, waiting to find out where future payments need to go to.

There may be a trustee acting on behalf of the creditors of the bankrupt and they will distribute the money as required.

But don't stop paying as that would break the agreement and cause more problems.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

He wasn't going to stop it was just a statement of what is owed and what's been paid (some was paid directly to the company before HCEO got involved) the statements that came from the claimant showed the actual debt as such, had been paid it was just the legal costs and court fees etc but he just wants to know where he is.

The HCEO aren't the most cooperative bunch but maybe if he writes to them formally he may be able to find out.

Thanks

What was the debt for. Its strange its more than doubled.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D