bank account and the DWP

mrbell
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Afternoon,

I am claiming income support for both myself and my wife since 2013,plus i am her carer.

When i last worked was 2013, on this job i got an industrial disease (lead poisoning).

I took the company to court,

in the meantime the money we were receiving was not enough for us to live on.

I was borrowing money off my brother-in-law from 2013-2016 which was anything from £50 - £70 per week (He is a welding supervisor),

i was loaned the money on the understanding that i would pay all the money i owed him when my settlement came through.

In 2016 i received a out of court settlement of £16,800,

by this time i owed him nearly £9,000.

I also owed a couple of credit card debts totaling £2,700.

I went to my bank the day after it was cleared and drew out £16,000 and paid off the debt i owed my brother-in-law and the 2 credit cards.

I also paid out £700 to have our 3 piece repaired,

£750 to get a new rear fence erected and a front fence.

all this money was paid out within 2 days of receiving the settlement.

That being said after the above was paid out i think we had about £3,000+ left.

Would the above have any impact on my benefits ??

I showed the compliance officer this morning my bank statements which shows nothing in my bank account the same as it was about 4 weeks after i got the settlement.

I forgot to mention in my post named (bank account and the DWP).

I was asked in a letter i received from the DWP, to attend the Unemployment Office and see the Compliance Officer.

When i got there he asked me had i been working ?

No i replied because i have not been working.

Well he said we have been passed information that you have been working from december 2015 up until march 2017.

I am 1000% that this is wrong, but cant help thinking that this is not about working but about the settlement i received in 2016.

Has anybody had anything like this happen to them

,i would like to know what is going on here please.

Its probably to do with the money you had been receiving from your brother in law.

Did you explain the loan?

Compliance checks like this are very common for potential low level fraud or just to check everything is as it should be and that you are getting everything you are entitled to.

Hi Tomtom256,

the compliance officer never mentioned the borrowed money or the Settlement i got,

all he asked me is "have you been working" i told him no because i have not been working,

he said they had been information received by them and HMRC that i had worked from dec 2015 and march 2017 which is a total lie.

I thought it might be about the settlement but that was not mentioned,

I showed him my last 3 months bank statement which showed i had zero in my bank account.

When i received my settlement and paid out what i had to pay out ( 2-3 days after i got it) and was left with roughly £3,600 i phoned the DWP and told them i had about that much in my account but they said that was alright and it did not affect my benefits.

If he had mentioned the settlement I would of told him about it, I didnt think i had done anything wrong. So im stumped as to what is going on.

As i said, after I took the money out the bank to pay off some of the debts i had, yes i did phone the DWP and told them i had approx £3,600 left but the person on the phone said this did not affect my benefits.