Uncollected direct debit by Flow

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2566 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In March/April 2015 I signed up with Flow Energy paying by monthly direct debit. When the fixed rate tariff ended I switched to nPower. Flow energy sent a final bill and I assumed the balance had been taken by direct debit and the account closed.

This month I returned to Flow as they had the cheapest tariff for me only to find that later this month I will be making my first payment on the new account, but also £138 which was owing on the earlier account from a year ago. Flow have never contacted me in the intervening year and I was unaware of anything owing. Flow were responsible for collecting anything due and in fact there was a payment made in May, after the final bill leading me to believe that everything had been settled.

In an a guide by Uswitch "Regulations from Ofgem ban gas and electricity suppliers from charging customers for energy used more than 12 months previous, if the error in billing is the supplier’s."

Perhaps this is not back-billing in the usual sense, but the money demanded is for electricity I used over a year ago and the error in not collecting it was Flow's.

If anyone can help, I need advice on whether I should pay.

id find out what its for first?

if you were on a fixed rate it cant be back charges for wrong rates charged

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...