Lowells/Cohen Claim Form - old merged? provident doorstep loan debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The N180 arrived in the post on Friday, so following other claims, I can see it's, and correct me if i'm wrong, Yes to Mediation, Yes to the Small Claims Track, State my local County Court, and state 1 Witness (Myself), sign and return to the Court..... i take it, I also send a copy to Lowells too....

THE VIEWS POSTED BY MYSELF ARE STRICTLY MY OWN OPINION AND CANNOT BE RELIED ON FOR LEGAL PURPOSES.

IF IN DOUBT, CONTACT A QUALIFIED LEGAL EXPERT

SWISSTONI

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yep

lowells solicitors

their copy you can omit sig/email/phone ..

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Check with the court that they have informed them also of change of Solicitors.

This has been done,

I received a Notice of Change Of Solicitor today from Lowells together with their Directions Questionnaire (DQ)....

The only issue being is that the address for service on this letter is different from the letter from Cohen Cramer...

I have served Lowells the DQ to the Leeds address given by Cohen Cramer,

Would I be better sending a copy to this given PO Box Address in Northampton also?

Kind regards

THE VIEWS POSTED BY MYSELF ARE STRICTLY MY OWN OPINION AND CANNOT BE RELIED ON FOR LEGAL PURPOSES.

SWISSTONI

• 2 weeks later...

Update

- I've received an e-mail from the Small Claims Mediation Service regarding would you believe Mediation.

.. I take it, I agree to all the requirements in order to set up a mediation appointment and then state at mediation that I have received no paperwork on which they are put to strict proof that I owe the debt....

I'm just a little confused regarding Mediation requirement number 2.

I can confirm I have enough information about the claim to allow me to enter into negotiations and that I do not require any further evidence from the other party before I can mediate..

..I haven't got the information I requested via the CCA/CPR requests....

SWISSTONI

to show willing as you should.

you do as you have worked out

allow mediation to continue.

when they ring

they will ask the same set of questions:

it then that you say NO.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Update

- Letter from Lowell's Solicitors with a copy of their DQ

- Agreeing to mediation and Small Claims Track, blah, blah...

The only thing of note is Number of Witnesses for which they have put 0... :!: ...

Does this mean they are not intending turning up?? :-D

SWISSTONI

Had a answerphone message left at home yesterday from the mediation team, wanting to speak to me to clarify a couple of points and to arrange the Mediation interview. Before I ring them back, is it at this point that I state that I haven't received any paperwork from Lowells?

SWISSTONI

Further Update, the mediation team rang again this morning, and asked whether I would be prepared to make an offer to Lowells - I declined stating that i'm disputing the debt and haven't recieved any paperwork back from Lowells or their solicitors following my CCA/CPR request to show that I actually owe this sum. The nice chap on the other end then stated my case wouldn't be suitable for mediation and he will refer the matter back to the court for a hearing before the Judge.

SWISSTONI

yep great

and they

Update - Just found out the claim is to be heard in a court 200 miles away from my home address even though I requested my home town court. I can see how it's happened as it has partially the same name... Is there anything I can do to get this changed?

SWISSTONI

yep ring northants bulk up and tell them.

and they

Update - Just found out the claim is to be heard in a court 200 miles away from my home address even though I requested my home town court. I can see how it's happened as it has partially the same name... Is there anything I can do to get this changed?

Dont let the court staff fob you off telling you have to make an application with fee (N244)...its their error.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Spoke to Northants,

They told me to ring the court in question

- Spoke to the court in question, they told me to ring Northants

- Rang Northants again, told to ring the court in question again...

.. After explaining the problem and that I already had and they'd referred me back to Northants,

she said she needed to speak to her manager..

. a few minutes later, she said she had raised my request and i'll hear from them within 5-10 working days regarding a decision....

SWISSTONI

Did she accept the similarity in Court town names and that an error had been made ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

She said she'd looked at my DQ and saw it said my home town court not the one mentioned

SWISSTONI

Another Update - Letter received from Northants today transferring court proceedings to another court....Still not correct but in the correct county at least now!!... Are there only certain courts that deal with these issues or can I still request my local County Court? Getting a bit frustrated with it all now and how does this affect timescales for the Claimant etc?

SWISSTONI

Yes its should be held in the defendants own town County Court...I assume yours is still operative and not closed or closing down?

No, it's still here and a busy one!

SWISSTONI

Then tell them to move it there and correct their second error:-)

It wasn't their error, it was my error :oops:... Apparently my County court is closing/has closed and they've moved it to what they thought was the nearest.... i'm just gonna go with it as it is now... No wonder they couldn't find it on the system! Thanks for your help again Andy

SWISSTONI