Private Parking Solutions (PPS) and Gladstone Solicitors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2594 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Petroholic,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?466036-PPM-PCN-claim-form-from-Gladstones-Solicitors-received&p=5014823#post5014823

Hope you are well.

I just wondered if you had your court appearance yet and if so, how did it go against gladstones.

I have received similar letter from gladstones few days ago.

As with your case, there was no NTK and no PCN on the car, only letters from Debt recovery plus last August asking for the fine to be paid, which i ignored as other forums indicated that was best call of action.

Its NOT A FINE!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi all,

Apologies to dx100uk and ericsbrother for replying on an old thread.

my saga began late July 2016

In the post i received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus (DRP) indicating that i owe PPS money for a fine and that was the first I heard of this.

There was no "fine" stuck to the windscreen and no NTK apart from the letter from DRP.

From what I recall the letter was dated at least 30 days after the alleged incident had occurred.

There was no way from me to appeal the "fine" as the time had elapsed

i decided to call PPS to get more information.

Unfortunately, I did not record the conversation which I should have in hindsight.

The jist of the call was that when I asked for evidence,

they said they did not have any and

told me a story of how they got my details when I stated that no letter was received about the alleged incident.

The story goes that they contacted DVLA to get the registered keepers details

, then wrote to the registered keeper who lived somewhere in Hounslow (not me) and who provided them with my details.

Now this obliviously sounds rather fishy seeing the car had been registered under my name for well over three years.

After researching this online from various other forums and receiving two letters from DRP and another from another company, I decided to ignore them.

Now last week I received a letter from Gladstone Solicitors telling me to pay £160 to DRP otherwise they may start legal action and given me 14 days to pay them back.

My question is what shall I do in the meanwhile?

I have emailed Gladstone, DRP and PPS asking for when and the incidence took place and asking them about the evidence in an email.

Is it working sending a letter to all three?

The incident happened in South Harrow, Middlesex.

Normally, I am careful where I park and am 100% where I parked there was no sign to indicate that it is a private property.

I park on a side road, where you are allowed to park which leads to the private parking.

the key word is MAY, not will.

Gladstones are the IPC wearing a different flowery smock so they have to look tough..

However, emailing them is never a good idea because now they have another method of harassing you for free.

If you feel like responding write simply

"the vehicle has never been parked on land that is not a public highway and the keeper (ie you) puts it to strict proof that the event occurred

. Your client has so far failed to offer any evidence of such an event or breach of contract so unless they do you will consider they have breached the DPA in acquiring your details as the keeper of the vehicle in question and will be seeking damages for that breach."

they will either go quiet or huff and puff but you wont get your evidence.

Yes. you can sue them but it is probably better to just get them off your back at this stage and consider that in the future.