Audio recording of accident at work meeting - normal?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2607 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

I suspect that this is no big deal but I had a head injury whilst at work last Friday, attempted to work today but realised that I was suffering from concussion. Before I left, the health and safety manager wanted to interview me about the accident and just as we were starting, he took me by surprise and took his phone out and began to audio record the conversation and asked quickly if I was okay with this, to which I replied that I was.

Obviously I am not complaining about this because I did agree that it was okay, but I am curious as to whether this is the norm?

Totally normal. Management have a statutory duty for your welfare, colleagues and those not in the employ of the business

They will form part of the accident report and a root cause analysis instigated as to the cause of the accident, and any control measures that might be needed to reduce further risk

Ermmm....yes I know that the accident report is normal, sorry, I should have clarified that I am referring to the audio recording?

Edited by Buel10
Error

Most accident reports are done by electronic means now and not a physical accident book. Audio recordings will give an objective source of reference to update that accident report. Objectivity is essential so nothing is missed out as memory does change over time.