Parking eye appeal failed now threatening court - they breached terms first?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2599 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just received the attached today 12th July. I was back in the car 4 minutes before the parking expired I was unaware that there were cameras up and was loitering near the exit waiting for the family to catch up. I thought as I was in the car out of the space that there wouldn't be a problem as I wasn't aware as I say there were cameras on the entrance/exit.

I presume i'll have to pay this now, i'll need to pay in installments as my only source of income is my ESA so can't afford even the £60 discounted figure. There is signage up in the car park but I didn't see mention of anything to do with ANPR cameras anywhere, as it was a pub car park with a ticket machine I assumed it'd just be the pub enforcing it.

Any suggestions gratefully received, thanks

Attachments removed

Person info showing

Don't think you owe anything

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Was that the NTK

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes that came on the post today, guess it's all computer driven as nothing on the car when I left, I was back in plenty of time but loitered in entrance of the car park waiting for the wife & kids to get back, that's what makes me really sick as was honestly out of the space in time & there was only 2 other cars in there too.

It's a pub car park & all the signs say you can get your parking fee refunded in the pub subject to a min purchase but when you go look the pubs now shut down so you can't spend the voucher the machine prints either.

Anyway thanks again

First thing that comes to mind is they havent allowed you any grace period at all.

Think about it. They allow you two hours parking. But in their eyes, that 2 hours starts from the second you enter to the second you leave. In effect you had less than the stated 2 hours.

Then theres the whole thing about pofa compliance, signage, the fact they are charging for a now closed pub...

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I was technically about 30 mins over the time on my ticket before I passed the ANPR camera, Shane they don't have cameras on the spaces lol.

OK so what do I do write back disputing it, ignore it, roast it & eat it?

That scan is the pcn

Await the notice to keeper

Then appeal with whatever silly reason you like

You want the popla code

Dog wanted to use the toilet in Mac d.s will do

and they

Ha ha parking lie, won't be long before these lot go the same way as the rogue clamping companies, which they were before it was outlawed!

Wait for EB to advise you, can you go back to the car park and photograph the signage?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Ok that came in the post today there was nothing on the car so I should expect something else next?

Yes I can go take photos in the car park next time I'm over that way in next few days

Ha ha parking lie, won't be long before these lot go the same way as the rogue clamping companies, which they were before it was outlawed!

Wait for EB to advise you, can you go back to the car park and photograph the signage?

Doubt theyll go anywhere. Theyre owned by capita, who in turn are deeply embedded with the current government

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

The cameras monitor the entrance and exit, not the parking spaces

so you can drive round for 30 minutes looking for a space

and they would be none the wiser.

Essentially this is about triviality so you should appeal saying

" the driver of the vehicle did not breach the parking conditions

as they were not parked for the entire time that has been assumed by the entry/exit times

but for a time that was within the limits expressed by the signage offering a contract.

The BPA code of practice insists that operators have a grace period for such things as

finding a space, reading the signage, queueing to exit etc and this measured overstay falls into that period.

Please cancel the charge on those grounds"

before firing this off

a copy of the signage wouldnt go amiss as some operators try and fudge the issue

by saying on their signage that you agree to everything it says

even before you have had a chace to read it,

which of couse is rubbish but better to informed.

Of course, you could drive into the car park wait 30 mins for a space drive off without having parked & not bought a ticket then a week later you get a "fine" in the post.

I'll get down the tomorrow & take some photos, thanks again

did they send you a time stamped picture of entering and leaving the car park?

the place where I got one I noticed a lot of people walking past the entrance to the car park because it had a bus stop next to it

I argued that with people crossing across the path of the camera

it caused a miss read of the licence plate

so I demanded to see time stamped photographs of my car entering and leaving

the parking company ukcps had to back down

its not a fine!!

and they

May be irrelevant, but looking at the notice it does not say what you are supposed to have done, unless it is explicitly stated in the redacted parts. It says in the blurb below that you have either not displayed a ticket or remaining in the car park longer than permitted, so which is it that they're claiming?

No redacted parts are strictly just personal info & dates.

Interesting point haven't had chance to go today but hopefully tomorrow will be OK

• 4 months later...

Hi

Got a ticket awhile back for parking in pub car park & overstaying, I was still technically in the car park but I was stopped in driveway just before where the hidden ANPR camera is now.

Few weeks later "fine" letter appears, wrote back, I was ignored, wrote again as heard nothing, got letter back saying "out of time" even tho first appeal was in time. They claim they never received it.

Got Popla letter, filled all of that in carefully. Just had an email today turning the appeal down.

I had included the ridiculously tiny writing on signs over 6 foot in the air that I couldn't read at all.

I also appealed on grounds of breach of contract. You get a voucher stating you can redeem your parking fee in the pub which is why I parked there, effectively free parking.

No signs up anywhere warning you that the pub has closed down so no way to redeem the voucher.

Popla have said its not grounds for appeal & dismissed the fact the car wasn't parked as I was in it & it wasn't in a space it was being driven but that was refused too.

In hindsight I perhaps should have asked here first re Popla appeal but it seemed so straight forward & with all the photos etc thought I stood a good chance.

Am rather unwell with several neurological conditions so am disabled & on lots of drugs so please be gentle.

Thanks

Which PPC is it.

and they