Robinson Way - Barclaycard Debt/identity theft

TBev
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2634 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can offer me some advice.

A few years ago I was the victim of identity theft.

I was made aware of this and checked my credit report,

someone had applied for several credit cards in my name at a previous address.

This had left several defaults on my credit

I made contact with these companies through Experian and all these companies confirmed i had been the victim of identity theft and cleared theses defaults from my credit report.

I also as advised reported this fraud to the police via action fraud.

One of these companies was barclaycard.

I have a letter from barclaycard confirming I did not make an application and any fraudulent spending has been removed from this account. I believed the matter settled.

However I've recently noticed a default on my credit report for £1351.

It had been placed there by Hoist Portfolio holding 2 limited.

I disputed this via experian and was told to call barclaycard fraud team. Which I did,

they confirmed that I did not owe any money and the only record of myself was the fraudulent application previously mentioned.

I then as advised by experian wrote to Hoist Portfolio/Robinson way stating that the date of birth on the default record was incorrect and I was not living at this address at the time the account was created and enclosed a copy of the letter Barclaycard had sent me confirming that i had been a victim of fraud.

A week later i received a letter with a Barclaycard letter head stating that this account had been transferred to HPH2 in October 2015 and all payments shall be paid to HPH2.

This was 3 months after i received a letter from barlcaycard confirming I'd been a victim of fraud.

How do I deal with this?

This is adversely effecting my credit rating?!

ok

what you got back was the standard Notice of Assignment that their computer system sends out when the purchase a debt

I would expect you letter regarding the fraud is in their system still

when did you send it?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for your reply, I sent a letter to robinson way on the 28/2 via recorded delivery. It was received and signed for on the 2/03.

Edited by TBev
grammer

bit soon to expect a reply.

did you give anytime limit

should have been 14days or you'll be referring the issue to the ICO and seeking financial compensation

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I did not give a time limit.

How can this be reassigned to a debt collection agency if it's blatantly a result of ID fraud and I have a letter from barclaycard stating this.

The last 4 digits of the account number Robinson way claim I owe match those on the letter sent by Barclaycard to myself confirming the fraud.

As you can imagine this is causing me a bit of distress!

it might well be fraud on BC's books but its still a debt

and they go thru the same process of write-off and debt sale so they can get the tax back and something for the debt.

and they

Plot thickens, I've received another letter form Robinson's way today telling me to contact them to arrange payment.

How should I respond?

I've been trying to talk to the barclaycard fraud team but have been on hold for the past two hours..

Although it may not solve the immediate problem, I would put in a complaint to Barclaycard and require a payment of compensation.

I think it is a very serious matter that although they know and they have acknowledged the problem, they have not dealt with it in effect you continue to be harassed by DCA's and also your credit file is affected.

Although you should certainly make a complaint to the ICO, this will not get any compensation for you.

You can make a complaint to the FOS that you will get a very small sum in compensation or, – my favourite (because I'm very litigious) is to begin suing Barclays for breach of the DPA and also breach of BCOBS.

I expect that once they had the court papers you would get a very rapid solution to the entire problem plus I expect you could insist on above £500 compensation. However, you have to decide that you are prepared to go to the trouble. The easiest and cheapest way is the FOS – although I as I have said, it is unlikely to produce any significant figure.

Hi TB and welcome to CAG

If you haven't done this already, get hold of your CRA data so you have proof of adverse data posted by the DCA.

There are several options to do this free of charge. Either register with a free service (Noodle) or register with one of the Big Three but cancel payment before the free trial period is up. Take a screen shot online and save as evidence.

What option do you prefer - complaint via the usual channels or direct court action seeking compensation for the adverse credit data reported against your name ?

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)