Will I have to repay credit card?

laurawilliams
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6614 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i want to claim back a few late payment charges, probably between £100-£200 on my barclaycard. However, my balance on the card is about £2250 and im worried they will close my account.

can anyone tell me if they have succesfully claimed against barclaycard but have still kept their accounts open?

Thanx,

Laura

I got 250 back with the letter before action and they didnt close my account. I sent a letter before action with a paragraph on the bottom that said i was already in the process of taking them to court for my current account.

The day after i sent it i received a phone call, the nice chap offered half the amount, when i declined he asked how much i wanted and i said ' all of it ' - now i better put my tin hat on for this but...

he offered 250 final offer and to save more time i accepted - i know i know i should have stuck to my guns, however - he refunded it to my heavily over the limit card the next day and guess what i did with some of my new balance?

I put the moneyclaim fee of a 120.00 on it a couple of days later when i actually filed my main Barclays claim.

Cheers Barclays....

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 08 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6614 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks