3rd party fault... my insurance doubles!!!

toni malloney
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2673 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In November someone drove into me and my car was written off. At the scene they admitted responsibility and I got the contact details of a witness who verified this.

Following the crash the 3rd party decided to contest their liability which delayed my payout and meant that the case remained open, meaning that in the eyes of any prospective insurers I may possibly have been the guilty party... This meant that I couldn't afford to insure the car I'd been offered the use of over Xmas (thank you Ella Mullin x) so I had no wheels during the holiday period.

All of this was bad enough but now... they've finally accepted liability, paid me out and I've got my ncd back again yet... I'm still being quoted twice as much for my insurance. I'm furious! I'm the injured party but my premiums have doubled - is this legal?

In November someone drove into me and my car was written off. At the scene they admitted responsibility and I got the contact details of a witness who verified this.

Following the crash the 3rd party decided to contest their liability which delayed my payout and meant that the case remained open, meaning that in the eyes of any prospective insurers I may possibly have been the guilty party... This meant that I couldn't afford to insure the car I'd been offered the use of over Xmas (thank you Ella Mullin x) so I had no wheels during the holiday period.

All of this was bad enough but now... they've finally accepted liability, paid me out and I've got my ncd back again yet... I'm still being quoted twice as much for my insurance. I'm furious! I'm the injured party but my premiums have doubled - is this legal?

They can quote what they want and you can take your Insurance elsewhere.

Suggest that you shop around. Your premiums will be affected by a non fault accident and insurance rates have increased anyway.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

when you have a crash even not your fault your insurance does go up it same with anyone that why people try there best to avoid going though insurance for damages

I had a crash on my scooter 3yrs ago and wasn't my fault parcel force manager said he ring me and arrange a payment to stop me going though insurance I never heard anything so I contacted my insurance as my scooter was dangerous to use on the road

Welcome to the world of insurance victims.

Some idiots go out of their way to deliberately damage others' cars and injury innocent victims who are then forced to pay extra because they are more "at risk".

This also applies if you have your car parked in a locked garage and some idiot drunk or on drugs smashes his car through your garage door and damages your car while you're asleep upstairs.

Apparently it's your fault for not having a 6 inch stainless steel garage door and you pay a higher premium.

The crazy thing is that so far nobody has ever recovered from 3rd party the extra money they pay in premiums for the following 5 years from the non fault accident.

In my books this is a loss directly related to the accident and should be recovered.

Two quotes should be obtained, one with the non fault accident and one without.

The difference should be paid by 3rd party at fault.

Thing is we can't even rebel against insurance companies because otherwise they just wouldn't insure us.

A bit like taxes, just pay them and don't lose sleep over them.