Halifax Defaulted Me - but have claim reference from Court!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6420 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Came home from a business trip to London to find a letter from the Hellifax telling me that they have passed my overdraft to a DCA and served me with a default. This despite Newcastle County Court having received my claim papers on 6th November 06, and issuing the claim.

So, what should I do? I have copies of all correspondence from them and my reponses (they seem to struggle responding with anything other than computerised letter), and the account is clearly in dispute - as evidenced by the Court papers being submitted. I even did them the courtesy of writing to them and telling them that it had been passed to the court! See, that's the sort of nice person I am!

Anyhoo, what now? Send them the default letter? I'll fax it tomorrow, speak to them over the phone (if I have to hear a souped up version of friggin' sexbomb again, I'll freak), and send it recorded. If that doesn't inspire them to get off their backsides and treat me seriously - let's face it the court submission hasn't exactly done much so far! - then it's the Informaiton Officey type place.

Oh, another day of friggin' financial aggro.

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress

For the time being, write to the credit reference agencies and advise them that the acount is in dispute, also write to the debt collection agency, if Halifax have appointed one yet and advise them the same. If anyone comes knocking, tell them the account is in dispute and tell them to get off your property!

Unfair penalty charges reclaimed from Barclays - £700; BarclayCard - £380 + £132 extra; Style (RBOS) - £245 - County Court Judgement

against RBOS awarded - Judgement transferred to Registers of Scotland - Sheriff Officer (Bailiffs) action taken.

Travel insurance claim with Alpha (URV) pursued through the Financial Ombudsman - £704