De Agostini & CCS Collect

martin4963
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2676 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My wife had a magazine subscription with De Agostini untli August last year, when she cancelled.

They subsequently sent her an invoice for £11.96 (which is what she actually owed).

They only accept payment by cheque (which my wife neither uses or possesses) or via debit/credit card.

No way is she prepared to give them her card details as there is a suggestion on their invoices and reminders that they will continue with her subscription.

She has contacted them several times for their bank details in order to make an online payment.

Each and every time they have refused and re stated their only 2 payment options.

Just before Christmas she received a final reminder giving her 7 days to pay or they will add an admin charge of £5.00 and forward her name to their debt collection agency.

I subsequently wrote to them about the matter and again requested their details in order to pay online.

In the meantime we have received a "threat o gram" from CCS Collect for £20.46, who have given their bank details for online payment.

As a result the account is now in dispute,

does she dispute the entire amount or pay the original amount to CCS and then dispute the difference ?

Just wondering what the best way to proceed is

Thanks in Advance

CCS collect are only likely to chase a few times and then give up, as it is not economical to spend too much chasing. I very much doubt this type of debt can be added to a credit reference report.

If your Wife wants to settle, she can just pay the £11.96. A postal order could have been sent to De Agostini, as that can be cashed by them, the same as a cheque.

Up to you really. Ignore and it will get written off due to the small amount. Or settle the amount that was actually due.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I would suggest that by sending them a PO not only are you settling the debt but you would be sticking 2 fingers up at them as well. They cannot refuse it, it can be banked like a cheque or cashed and is a govt warrant so tey cant say they dont take them as that will be refsuing payment and then they wont be entitled to ask again. Bit like if you paid a debt off in cash and the creditor then chucked the money away and asked for a cheque instead. Cant be done, they have had it..

Thanks Guys,

Not reallty the answer to the question I asked ...... Due to work, both myself and my wife are unable to get to the bank or post office during opening times, in addition there is also the additional cost of purchasing the postal order, when there is no justifiable reason for the company to withold their banking details in favour of an archaic and inconvenient payment method. Having given it some thought, we are holding fire for now to see what response we get from DeAgostini, and then if neccessary make an online payment to CCS Collect for the original amount of £11.96 and dispute the remainder since: 1). DeAgnostini have not provided the information we have requested and are therefore deliberatley making it difficult to pay them

2). CCS Collect are not allowed to make additional charges in the manner they have done ( I may be corrected on this).