Cheque and letter back from Abbey

popsmassive
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6366 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, just needing some advice :)

I sent out the SAR letter, which abbey received on 23/10/06

Abbey have returned my £10 cheque :confused: and say

"All the transactual information you have requested is in our systems and will be forwarded to you within 40 days, free of charge, under seperate cover."

Is this normal? I was waiting for the microfiche reply from them!

The 40 Days will be up on 2nd Dec, i still haven't received any statements yet. Was going to send out a reminder letter at the end of the week that they have 14 days to send me the statements?

Id send them the £10 payment baqck with the SAR Template thats on here...thats your official request and they have to adhere to it (mind you I sent mine off in April and they only just sent my statements) !!

DONT let them bully you...STICK to your timetable...and get your money back !!

Jamloo

Abbey - Data Protection Act Disclosure Request Sent 03/04/2006 - 40 day limit was 13th May.

9th June 2003 to 9th April 2004 Statements We Have - Total Charges = £1,420.00 :o

18th February 2005 to 18th March 2006 Statements Received - Total Charges = £3,177.00 :o

Still awaiting remaining statements.:evil: (as of 25th June)

Request for Repayment Letter Sent Recorded Delivery 02/06/2006 - 14 day limit is 16th June. Requesting £4,597.00

Letter Before Action Sent Recorded Delivery 22/06/2006 - 14 day limit is 6th July. Requesting £4,597.00

Capital One (Part 1) -

Request for Repayment Letter Sent Recorded Delivery 26/06/2006 - 14 day limit is 10th July. Requesting £359.22

Letter Before Action Sent Recorded Delivery 24/07/2006 - 14 day limit is 7th August. Requesting £359.22

Urm, not sure you need to send the cheque back, all you need to do is write back and confrim that you served a SAR on them on xx/xx/06 and that they have however many days till it expires.

FWIW you have offered payment they have refused unless they have said they wont treat your request as a SAR, in whihc case send the cheque back abd again reinforce the time remianing.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

• 2 weeks later...

Need some more advice, Abbey have sent me 3 years of statements, but i am still waiting for the other threee years.

The 40 days is up on 2/12/06 (end of next week)

Shall i send them a letter reminding them i still want the other 3 years statements, including the £10 cheque they returned to me?

Or shall i send them a prelim letter next week, with the 3 years of charges i have statements for (totals £1800) and estimate the other three years??

Need some more advice, Abbey have sent me 3 years of statements, but i am still waiting for the other threee years.

The 40 days is up on 2/12/06 (end of next week)

Shall i send them a letter reminding them i still want the other 3 years statements, including the £10 cheque they returned to me?

Or shall i send them a prelim letter next week, with the 3 years of charges i have statements for (totals £1800) and estimate the other three years??

You can send them a letter reminding them they owe you 3 years and include the cheque again. Also a quick phone call may speed things up, also include in the letter that you will report them to the Information Commisioner for failing to comply with your SAR.

You can send them a letter reminding them they owe you 3 years and include the cheque again. Also a quick phone call may speed things up, also include in the letter that you will report them to the Information Commisioner for failing to comply with your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request).

I have called them last week, for the remaining 3 years statements, which they have said will be sent out and i should get them this week.

Should i send another letter reminding them that their 40

days are now up??

Shall i send the prelim letter with the charges i have so far?

Hello pops

Stick to YOUR timetable, not theirs. If the 40 days are up, get the prelim letter off to the first thing tomorrow!!!!!!

You can estimate a figure for the 3 years you are missing based upon the info you already have in your possession. Make sure you mention in your prelim that your claim is based half on an actual figure, and half is estimated. Once they get the info out to you, you can then change it and let them know.

Phil:)

PS Have you tried speaking to Sheena Small at the shABBEY about your missing statements? She is supposed to be pretty good at getting them out to you.

This is only my personal, honest opinion!

hi guys

im just starting procedings thanks to this sight....abby told me i can go in to a branch with £10 and ask them to print them out there and then? should i do this or should i send the letter

what do you think

• 4 weeks later...