Hirobel carbon frame clamp from 2WheelCare

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2689 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just finished building myself a carbon frame Colnago road bike.

The whole thing is a bit of an indulgence really – the bike is extremely light and very beautiful and well beyond my level of endurance/ability.

For a few years I've been riding a titanium bike which has been great because you can use it in all weathers and it handles neglect quite well.

Anyway, I fell in love with Colnago and over the past year or so I've been slowly collecting bits and pieces from eBay and here and there.

I eventually put it together and it's really fantastic and I'm waiting for some good dry weather to take it out.

One problem I had was the worry about clamping the frame in a workstand. No problem with the titanium bike but I didn't want to risk damaging a delicate-feeling, lightweight carbon frame Colnago.

While I was looking through the Internet about this, I chanced upon a sort of work stand adapter which you put into the jaws of the work stand and then mount bike on that.

It's made by Hirobel https://www.hirobel.com/

It's not cheap. In fact it's pretty pricey – but on the other hand, it's going to last forever so if you're using it for 10 or 20 years and if it means that you avoid damage to a delicate carbon frame – or whatever comes up in the future, it eventually becomes with.

The problem was, how to get hold of one of these Hirobel adapters. They seem to be only available in the States. Then I found a tiny outfit in Scotland called 2WheelCare which is run by a guy called Daniel.

He has been using a Hirobel adapter with his customers bikes for quite a long time and he has had so many customers who asked him about them that occasionally he brings them in and sells them. He sold one to me.

I'm really posting because it was such a pleasure to find this company which was so approachable and so accessible and also so reliable. So far as I can make out, 2WheelCare has a dedicated customer following in Scotland including being the repair centre of choice for a number of local clubs. Selling cycling equipment is really just a sideline of theirs – but they do it extremely well.

http://www.2wheelcare.co.uk/

2 Wheel Care

Cupar Road

Pitscottie

Fife

KY15 5TB

01334 828436

mail@2wheelcare.co.uk

@2wheelcare