Bought a second hand car but problems in returning it

London000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2717 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there people,

I have bought on a part exchange a second hand car... All good to go...only that while driving home car stopped 2 times.

I have stopped at the first petrol station and filled up a £25.00 as these guys would only leave you on red just enough to make it to the first station available.

Anyway, to cut the story short I have called the guy ( trade ) saying that as the car has problems I will return it and would want my car back.... Finally done and dusted but when asked about the petrol money he said that he would not give me any money.... why???

The care supposed to be in good order as that is why I did go ahead in buying it.

That should be something to be done in returning my money back. I know it is only £25,00 but it is a lot for me and they are mine....

Anything I could do in reclaiming them???

Thanks,

dd

If he is prepared to accept the car back and return your money without any fuss, then you properly should thank your lucky stars for that. Get the car back to him without arguing about anything else and then tomorrow morning, decide if you want to make trouble for the £25.

Of course, you would be entitled to the £25 – but in the end the only way you would have to enforce it would be to start small claim in the County Court. You probably need to ask yourself if it's really worth all of the hassle.

If you decide it is, then we will help you, of course. However take the car back first and make sure that you don't have a larger issue of trying to get your money back along with the 25 quid

If he is prepared to accept the car back and return your money without any fuss, then you properly should thank your lucky stars for that. Get the car back to him without arguing about anything else and then tomorrow morning, decide if you want to make trouble for the £25.

Of course, you would be entitled to the £25 – but in the end the only way you would have to enforce it would be to start small claim in the County Court. You probably need to ask yourself if it's really worth all of the hassle.

If you decide it is, then we will help you, of course. However take the car back first and make sure that you don't have a larger issue of trying to get your money back along with the 25 quid

Hi Bankfodder,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have already taken the car back and left his car there... Amazingly did work as he knew me from previous years. Anyway I was just wondering if the £25.00 would have been part of the return....but not that I am bothered too much about it.

Many hanks for the time taken.

Ohh...... by the way I forgotten how to send a little xmas present in keeping this amazing site alive...

dd

Oh, jingle bells! And I was starting to think that Santa really didn't exist.

There is a flashing donate button roughly to the left of this post.

Thanks