SAR to housing association

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2730 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry if this is in the wrong section .

I would like to send a subject access request to a housing association but i am not sure on how to proceed. We think there has been some major mistakes [ deliberate ] in procedure in dealing with complaints & we feel that there is cover up being covered up .

Who do we SAR

What legally can can we request , we would really like internal cross department communications if possible but all data held on this case is our aim.

Apologies if this sounds stupid but we really have no idea on the SAR procedure & how to obtain all information & data that pertains to us . Thanks in advance

Snowy .

Hi

with any SAR, you can demand ALL data they hold. This would include any document that contains your name or address and as you have a housing reference number, any data relating to that, even if your name is not specifically mentioned

You can specify what else you need such as inter department memo's/messages.

If anyone else is named on your data, expect that to be redacted.

I would ensure that they include a code sheet if they have allocated vague codes to your account.

If a member of the housing association staff have asked generic questions, while relating to you but not specifically naming you would not be supplied

• Confused 1

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Usually you send it to the Data Controller at the HA's head office, not to a local office. Ensure you enclose a £10 cheque or postal order.

Either hand in and get a receipt or post by signed for delivery. The 40 days starts the day after delivery. Also, ensure you enclose as much ID info as possible so as to remove any risk of them delaying responding due to any potential ID issue

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

There are various ones here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?404-Data-Protection

Have a look and see if any resemble what you need or just use them to form your own one.