Whistleblowing-council named me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2753 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure we're to put this...

I am a social housing tenant and the property has been in severe disrepair throughout my tenancy.

My neighbour has the same issues except worse-faulty flue that has been left faulty for weeks.

Housing association does nothing.

we went on the councils website and did the whistleblow landlords form, didn't give my name or anyone else's.

I then start getting emails off my landlord to speak to me about I

t-the council only went and named me to them.

What can I do about that?

I would suggest three things – and you might want to do all of them at the same time.

Number one write to your MP

begin a formal complaint to your local council and say that you want the complaint to go to the local authority ombudsman. This is something they will not be happy about and once they know that you are moving it right up, they will start to take you seriously.

If you get a reaction from your MP and you manage to take it to the local authority ombudsman then contact the news editor of your local newspaper.

I think that there is one more thing that you could do and that is if you are not satisfied with the progress of the roots I have suggested above, then I think you have an excellent chance of success in the County Court if you bought an action for breach of confidence.

I can almost guarantee you that the council would always shrivel up at the prospect of this because it would be extremely newsworthy and it would undermine their whistleblower scheme. In fact I would tend to suggest this option as an alternative for the local authority ombudsman route – although I would still be writing to my MP.

I would suggest three things – and you might want to do all of them at the same time.

Number one write to your MP

begin a formal complaint to your local council and say that you want the complaint to go to the local authority ombudsman. This is something they will not be happy about and once they know that you are moving it right up, they will start to take you seriously.

If you get a reaction from your MP and you manage to take it to the local authority ombudsman then contact the news editor of your local newspaper.

I think that there is one more thing that you could do and that is if you are not satisfied with the progress of the roots I have suggested above, then I think you have an excellent chance of success in the County Court if you bought an action for breach of confidence.

I can almost guarantee you that the council would always shrivel up at the prospect of this because it would be extremely newsworthy and it would undermine their whistleblower scheme. In fact I would tend to suggest this option as an alternative for the local authority ombudsman route – although I would still be writing to my MP.

Written to my mp earlier, copied in a councillor and the CEO of the council. 😀

Good.

I would wait a couple of weeks and then send an FOI request. You get exactly the same stuff as you would an SAR – but quicker and more cheaply. You can get an idea of the kind of discussions which are being bounced around. You can also ask for information as to how many reports has the whistleblower system taken over the past couple of years and how many incidents have there been of details having been released – and to whom. You won't get personal details, but you should get some statistics. It is all grist to the mill.

As I said, I'm quite sure that it is a breach of confidence and you can bring an action for it. Make sure that you got everything noted down and you keep a log of everything that happens. Also, make sure that you note any effects this has upon you either as a result of contacts and your landlord or any action the landlord might take.

Which council are we talking about here?