Complaining about solicitor behaviour

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2759 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm new to the forum, looking for some advice on putting in a complaint about a solicitor.

Essentially the issue lie around them repeatedly misunderstanding instructions and failing to pass on information that has a detrimental effect on children and myself.

I was in an abusive relationship with ex partner. we split late last year (2015). He was extremely manipulating and would always be gaslighting situations. Now although we have split up, he still continues with this kind of behaviour, and it centres around access with the children.

his solicitor keeps forgetting to pass on information or takes responsibility so as not to bring her clients behaviour into question when it comes to attending court.

unfortunately though, the most recent event is one of many, and surely a solicitor shouldn't be making so many mistakes or misunderstandings.

Between the solicitor and the ex, they have both caused significant upset to children and then to me. When I try to defend the children or myself, its all just brushed aside and put down to me overthinking a situation.

I want to put in a complaint, because somewhere along the line someone is lying and these lies are detrimental in the court case.

has anyone ever done this, or have any experience in putting forward a complaint about a lawyer who isn't acting for them specifically.

thanks

Shelly

Have you got legal representation Shelly?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi

I'm new to the forum, looking for some advice on putting in a complaint about a solicitor.

Essentially the issue lie around them repeatedly misunderstanding instructions and failing to pass on information that has a detrimental effect on children and myself.

I was in an abusive relationship with ex partner. we split late last year (2015). He was extremely manipulating and would always be gaslighting situations. Now although we have split up, he still continues with this kind of behaviour, and it centres around access with the children.

his solicitor keeps forgetting to pass on information or takes responsibility so as not to bring her clients behaviour into question when it comes to attending court.

unfortunately though, the most recent event is one of many, and surely a solicitor shouldn't be making so many mistakes or misunderstandings.

Between the solicitor and the ex, they have both caused significant upset to children and then to me. When I try to defend the children or myself, its all just brushed aside and put down to me overthinking a situation.

I want to put in a complaint, because somewhere along the line someone is lying and these lies are detrimental in the court case.

has anyone ever done this, or have any experience in putting forward a complaint about a lawyer who isn't acting for them specifically.

thanks

Shelly

If she is your ex's solicitor, he is her client, not you, which makes it harder (though not impossible) to complain about her.

Another respondent has already asked if you have a solicitor (as if you do, they can write to you ex's solicitor, about their behaviour), and they might buck their ideas up.

If not, you'll need to be able to show they have breached their duty/duties as a solicitor, or behaved in a manner likely to bring the profession into disrepute : such as by misleading the court, or giving you an undertaking that they haven't then complied with.

Otherwise, in terms of negligence, they owe your ex a duty of care, but there is no such duty towards you!.

Hi

yes I do have a solicitor of my own. I have mentioned my concerns to her and am awaiting a response.

I understand about the duty of care etc to the ex, but between them they are continuing the abusive crazy making behaviours.

Maybe I will need to wait until we go to court again next month and see what happens.

thanks for your responses.

Shelly

It is difficult for me to understand what has gone wrong from your post. First you say that the problem is forgetting to pass on information. Then you say the problem is lying. These are two different things.

If the problem is around carelessness/negligence, it is difficult for you to complain about that because the solicitor represents your ex, not you.

If the problem is around dishonesty, you'd have to be very specific. I don't understand why a solicitor would be dishonest because they get paid either way.

If the ex is acting unreasonably, then that would come out in court and the court may award costs appropriately.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hi

yes I do have a solicitor of my own. I have mentioned my concerns to her and am awaiting a response.

I understand about the duty of care etc to the ex, but between them they are continuing the abusive crazy making behaviours.

Maybe I will need to wait until we go to court again next month and see what happens.

thanks for your responses.

Shelly

We have an adversarial legal system and unfortunately you cannot really complain against the opposition solicitor.

Your problem here lies within your exes right to legal representation, their solicitor must provide the best representation they can with the information they have, no matter how spurious that may be. You cant really complain about your exes solicitor unless you have irrevocable evidence that they have committed some offence, the fact that you believe otherwise is irrelevant at this time, dont forget you are on opposing sides in a family law case.

Now for my 2 penneth with the above said, i am the 3rd party in a situation where my lady has an abusive, manipulative ex, who sees no greater thrill than to upset his kids with any reason possible, the kids are at an age where dad is the "ultimate messiah" and can do no wrong, the reality tho is so very different.

As a step parent what can i do? Well in law, nothing, i cant stop the loser ringing them and filling their heads with whatever is the order of the day, i am that person tho, along with the kids mother, who is, and will remain, the support structure of these kids lives. That is and remains my mission in life.

And when i have the time i help out here too.

The answer to your query is theres next to nothing you can do about your exes solicitor, but you can make a world of difference to your kids as long as you dont let that trivia distract you too much.

If you know in your heart you are being the best you can be, then nobody can touch you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol: