style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2769 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I bought 2 sofas just over a year ago when I was absolutely desperate. Now I'm suck paying a silly amount for sofas I don't actually like and have another 2 years to pay! I want to return them but don't know if that is possible! the interest of these items are making me sick! I know its my own fault and I knew what I was getting in for when I signed up :(

Thanks in advance for any help.

AFAIK, you can return them under VT rules..

I, for one, have no idea what the VT rules are. I see that we have an auto link for VT and it must have been me who set that auto link up – but I have no idea why I might have done it because I'm sure I never knew what those rules were!! Would you mind explaining them to me at least please. Sorry. I feel quite embarrassed.

• Haha 1

Be warned. Theyll try and charge you for the full amount, claiming you had good use out of them and they would be unable to sell them anymore. But wont say that youve likely paid over the retail price for them already.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Be warned. Theyll try and charge you for the full amount, claiming you had good use out of them and they would be unable to sell them anymore. But wont say that youve likely paid over the retail price for them already.

Can they do that??

You can end (terminate) a hire purchase or conditional sale agreement in writing and return the goods at any time. This can be useful if you can no longer afford the payments or you don't need the goods any more.

You will have to pay all the instalments due up to the time you end the agreement. If your payments come to less than half of the total price of the goods, you may still have some money to pay as the lender is entitled to this amount under the agreement. If you have already paid more than half of the price when you end the agreement, you can't get a refund but you usually won't have to pay any more.

If you are not sure whether you still owe anything, check the original credit agreement which should show the total price of the goods and the amount you must pay if you end the agreement. The credit agreement is the legal document you signed when you bought the goods.

Lenders sometimes say you must pay the whole amount owed under the agreement before you can end it. This is wrong. If this happens, you can get help from an experienced adviser, for example, at a Citizens Advice Bureau

Or CAG!

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/debt-and-money/borrowing-money/types-of-borrowing/hire-purchase-and-conditional-sale/

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!