Is this another PPI scam?

batman1956
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2777 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In 2010 I got a PPI ppi refund from Black Horse for a policy which they had sold me years before. My account was in arrears and so from the PPI refund they took an amount which they said in a letter had been "netted from the arrears".

This I took to mean that the account was now up to date. Within a couple of months I started to get letters saying that the account was in arrears so I wrote to Black Horse who offered no explanation other than to demand payment. The account eventually ended up being investigated by the Financial Ombudsman who found in favour of Black Horse. (no surprise there then)

This has continued to be a bone of contention and I have kept investigating Black Horse and what I appear to have found is alarming.

It would seem by looking on the FOS investigations page that some PPI refunds were made to accounts which were in arrears and as with my account the refund was reduced to cover the arrears. Black Horse then say that they made a mistake with their calculations and that the account arrears were not cleared properly. They then agree to remove fees and charges to apparently rectify their mistake.

The problem being that according to Black Horse the account is still then in arrears which attracts huge interest charges.

It is my understanding that if they had not made the error in the first place and cleared the arrears properly then accounts similar to mine would not have attracted the extra interest.

Interestingly earlier this year Black Horse had to send a further payment to me due to a "miscalculation of PPI refund" but according to the Ombudsman this has nothing to do with my now closed case.

Edited by Andyorch
Paras

Dont let the parasite dca's prosper