Confused over a letter from Insurance

snowdragon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2753 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am asking for a friend so please bear with me, he accidentally caught a neighbours g/f car as he backed out his driveway, the driveway does have a blind spot.

He admitted it straight away and it has all been sorted out but he is now worried as today he got a letter saying the claim has been settled and his No Claims discount shall remain disallowed?

He had about 4/5 years no claims and it is protected, any know what it means please?

Letter said he has no need to take any action

Thanks

Sandy xx

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Just means because of the NCD protection, that the current level of discount will continue to apply.

Normally with the protection you are allowed a couple of claims in a 3 year period, before the protection would not apply and NCD entitlement would be reduced at next renewal.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Uncle, he is allowed 2 claim that will not effect his NCD,

I will inform him, why can they not explain things in plain English!

He does realise his insurance will prob cost more now lol

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

• 1 month later...

Have been told by him today that his insurance renewal came and has gone from £22 a month to nearly £50 a month, is is worth him looking around?

He knew it would effect his insurance but doubt he thought be that much, his NCB was/is protected

Have been told by him today that his insurance renewal came and has gone from £22 a month to nearly £50 a month, is is worth him looking around?

He knew it would effect his insurance but doubt he thought be that much, his NCB was/is protected

Yes he should phone around a few companies. Just tell him to make sure he gives the correct claims info.

Insurance is going up anyway. Then add the fault claim on. They will increase it more to try to get their money back.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thanks Uncle, he has been looking around and seems due to this claim some insurance companies have said they can not help, others are sky high so looks like he is stuck, atm he is with Saga

Hastings have given the best quote but know they have a bad reputation and he had a bad experience with them also

It will probably take a couple of years of years with no claims to see the premiums reduce.

He could see how much reduction there would be with a larger voluntary excess. But obviously if he has another accident, then he would need to be able to deal with having to pay a larger excess for damage to own car.