Jacobs pension/insurance - can anyone help plz?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2813 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

During the late 1960s & through the 1970s & 1980s my father used to pay for pension/life insurance. (He's not entirely sure if it was both or one or the other) The company was called Jacobs & an agent would visit to the home address in Bethnal Green every month to collect the monies.

Over the years that my dad paid, the total sum was significant as he paid for approx 20+ years.

Now my parents divorced around 1988/89 & it turned very nasty indeed to the point that my mum burned all my dad's documents, Inc passport/Driving licence/personal papers etc. So he has absolutely no paperwork at all.

My dad is now 70 & asked me if I could help him track down this company so he could cash in/claim. (depending on the service he paid for, I.E pension now or life ins after).

I've had at a go at trying to track down this company several times now & having no luck whatsoever.

So is there anyone here that on the off chance could possibly help my dad please?

Many thanks indeed.....

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

Could Jacobs have just been local agents for a large company ?

Not many companies would collect doorstep payments. Prudential were a very popular company who used to collect doostep payments for many different products during the times mentioned.

Was your Father self employed or employed by a company ? If employed, did his company recommend Jacobs and could they hold records ?

If your Father had a mortgage, did he supply the mortgage company with the life insurance details, so they might hold records ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hello there.

You don't say what you've tried so far. This is information from the Pensions Advisory Service [TPAS], in case it has new information for you.

http://www.pensionsadvisoryservice.org.uk/pension-problems/making-a-complaint/common-concerns/lost-pensions

HB

Many thanks for this HB....

I've been trying to trace the whereabouts of the company Jacobs, which so far I've tried to do online.

Could Jacobs have just been local agents for a large company ?

Not many companies would collect doorstep payments. Prudential were a very popular company who used to collect doostep payments for many different products during the times mentioned.

Was your Father self employed or employed by a company ? If employed, did his company recommend Jacobs and could they hold records ?

If your Father had a mortgage, did he supply the mortgage company with the life insurance details, so they might hold records ?

I do believe it was an agent who went around the Bethnal Green area collecting on behalf of the "Jacobs? Company".

I do remember seeing the same agent come to our house for years collecting the money & was told at the time it was the man from Jacobs. (We continued to call him that if one of us kids answered the door to him & shout it out for our parents to come see him).

From memory, as I was just a very young girl in 70s/80s.

My dad was employed when it initially started in the 1960s & became self employed (owned his own plumbing company) from approx 1981. I'll ask him who & how the whole situ started, so will get back to you UB.

As for a mortgage, my family were housed in council property during 1960s/1970s & it wasn't until we were moved from an old bomb site to a brand new house in 1977 which my parents then bought sometime in 1983? using a mortgage. Late 80s my mum got everything in the divorce & my dad got a bag of clothes, she then sold the property in 1995?. I have no idea who the mortgage was with or anything, again I will ask my dad the Qs you put above UB.

Thanks ever so much UB, I will be back with more answers....