style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2791 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have at last found a smaller property to move into, given the LA a months notice that I am moving out.

Today I got a letter from them with a long list of must do and must no does, one is allowing prospective new tenants to view the property, they say they will of course try to give me notice as possible....am I allowed to ask for at least 24 hours notice and restrict the amount of days they book views for?

Also how do they/or should work out deductions such as redecorating costs...I am not able to do any decorating, considering we have been in the house for over 6 years and it wasnt newly or even recently decorated when we moved in, we have decorated the bedrooms, after getting permission, the carpets were thread bare in places and are even more thread bare now!

Things like the burglar alarm no longer works...it became faulty and the landlord instead of getting it repaired had the power to it cut!

Also if they do show people round when I am there do I answer honestly if they ask about how quick the landlord gets things fixed?

Your contract may state the requirements for viewing. 24 hours is standard, but that doesn't stop you being flexible if it doesn't put them out. I think normally tenants and viewers don't seek to exchange views, but obviously you might want to be careful what you say so as not to wind up the agent. Sounds like the condition of the carpets will speak for itself.

It's a good time to track down your contract, inventory and other paperwork including any agreements about redecoration.

If you've redecorated to a reasonable standard in neutral colours, it should not be an issue. If you've made very personal choices such as bright colours then I guess they may request that it goes back to the colour it used to be which you might need to argue about.

While otherwise 6 years of "wear and tear" on the carpets should mean you don't have to replace them, if they and the rest of the house were clean when you moved in they'd need to be cleaned to a similar standard.

I have redecorated upstairs in neutral colours( creams, taupe and white) replaced the bathroom carpet, that was growing a variety of fungus, with bathroom floor tiles( with permission)

Downstairs the decorating is as when we moved in but does look very worn and in need of redoing, the whole house had not been decorated for some time before we moved in and there was areas that were worn and some holes in the plaster work :(